Films i Saw Last Month From Crappiest to Greatest

Discuss anything you want.
Jinnistan

Re: Films i Saw Last Month From Crappiest to Greatest

Post by Jinnistan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:48 pm

Apex Predator wrote:
Her appearance in The Counselor and The Other Woman can confirm this.

Bad Teacher didn't have a bad script, though.
The Counselor has a terrific script from Cormac McCarthy. It's a good example of a film that was far more intelligent than its critics, and will be heralded eventually as a classic of this decade.

Bad Teacher is trash spit out by the guys who wrote Year One.
Charles

Post by Charles » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Jinnistan wrote: The Counselor has a terrific script from Cormac McCarthy. It's a good example of a film that was far more intelligent than its critics, and will be heralded eventually as a classic of this decade.
I agree with that, with the possible reservation that critics didn't see the Director's cut in theater, I believe, and apparently the DC is a big improvement. But the movie is definitely better than that ridiculous 34% would suggest.
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:14 am

Charles wrote:
I agree with that, with the possible reservation that critics didn't see the Director's cut in theater, I believe, and apparently the DC is a big improvement. But the movie is definitely better than that ridiculous 34% would suggest.
The DC is definitely an improvement (especially the extra Bruno Ganz), but I still think that the theatrical version, the one I first saw, is fine enough on its own and shouldn't deserve the critical scorn, and I think the main criticisms (talky, bleak, "too gynecological") are not particularly sound or fair.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:18 pm

Rumpled wrote:37th
Hercules in the Haunted World
(1961)

Upon his return from battle in the previous film, the great warrior Hercules learns that his lover, Daianara, has lost her senses. Acording of the oracle Medea, Dianara's only hope is the Stone of Forgetfulness which lies deep in the realm of Hades. Hercules, with two companions, Theseus and Telemachus, embarks on a dangerous quest for the stone, while he is unaware that Dianara's guardian, King Lico, is the one responsible for her condition and plots to have the girl for himself as his bride upon her revival.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zFEt2i0ATQ

Quite corny as you see in the trailer but hey.. some lush Mario Bava cinematography

Captain Terror :up:
This is so up my alley. I've seen it a few times but not in many, many years.
Apex Predator

Post by Apex Predator » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:25 pm

Jinnistan wrote: The Counselor has a terrific script from Cormac McCarthy. It's a good example of a film that was far more intelligent than its critics, and will be heralded eventually as a classic of this decade.

Bad Teacher is trash spit out by the guys who wrote Year One.
She humps a car, Janson. For several minutes. And yet she's the most interesting character.

Fassbender spends half the time whining about his fate and doing nothing about it.

Brad Pitt rambles on about bolos and I'm not sure what Javier Bardem's character is doing outside of some praise of Diaz's character.
Yeah, terrific script right there. ;)
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:32 pm

Nice spoilers there, Pex.
Apex Predator wrote:She humps a car, Janson. For several minutes.
The scene runs just shy of one minute in both versions. If you wanted to, you may have noticed the point of the scene being the foreshadowing that Reiner is spooked by Malkina's ruthlessness and manipulation. The not-so-subtle signal that she's sending here is that Reiner is superfluous to her needs and desires. It's an act of emasculation, and Reiner is appropriately unsettled by this.
Apex Predator wrote:Fassbender spends half the time whining about his fate and doing nothing about it.
The Counselor spends "half" his time ignoring everyone else's cautionary advice about his fate, and then does everything he can to reverse the harm he's inadvertently caused the naive Laura. The point of his despair at the end is that he cannot do anything about it.
Apex Predator wrote:Brad Pitt rambles on about bolos
No he doesn't. He wears a bolo. He never mentions it. He does ramble on about a lot of interesting things though, from the viciousness of the cartels (a thinly disguised Sinaloa) and the complicity of the American banking system.

The "bolito" device which kills Westray is also never mentioned by him, if that was the bolo you were referring to. The device is described in detail to The Counselor by Reiner.
Apex Predator wrote:I'm not sure what Javier Bardem's character is doing outside of some praise of Diaz's character.
He's the connection between all of the moving parts - the Counselor's business partner, Westray's former confident and the primary liaison with the cartels. His character is absolutely central to the plot development.

Apex Predator wrote:Yeah, terrific script right there. ;)
I'm happy that you were paying attention.
Apex Predator

Post by Apex Predator » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:33 am

Fixed the issues there.

I'm glad at least one of us found The Counselor to be interesting and good. The other thought it was a bunch of hooey, but to each their own.
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:08 am

Apex Predator wrote:I'm glad at least one of us found The Counselor to be interesting and good. The other thought it was a bunch of hooey, but to each their own.
I should note that all of the above were issues with factual details in the film that have nothing to do with my subjective feelings over it.

Isn't it a little odd to diss a screenplay that you cannot more accurately recall? Perhaps this may have some bearing on your appreciation of the film and the veracity of your criticism?
Apex Predator

Post by Apex Predator » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:52 pm

It had been a year or two since I've seen it so some of the minor facts may have escaped me, but I don't think it reflects on my thoughts or issues with the film as a whole.

I think I'm done with this discussion because I feel like we're two battering rams trying to headbutt each other and we're both going nowhere.
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:34 pm

32nd
Bad Stepmother
(2018)

Following the sudden and mysterious death of their father, a brother and sister return home to their sprawling New Orleans estate and encounter their unhinged stepmother, who will stop at nothing to gain control of their inheritance.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8Cq9l_V2xI

Kristy Swanson dated Alan Thicke when she was 17 and he was 40. They were engaged two years later. She said they met when she was 16 while working at Warner Bros. Studios. - Trivia :shock:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:41 pm

31st
The Replacement Killers
(1998)

John Lee is the best hitman money can buy. But when John refuses to kill because of the seven year-old son of his target, John's bosses send someone after John to kill him and then take his place in the ring of hitmen. John then teams up with Meg Coburn to help him escape these "Replacement Killers."
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1s3Gq1NYK4

This movie set the record for the most bullets fired in an American film. - Trivia
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:49 pm

30th
Time Trap
(2017)

A group of students venture into the deep caves of remote Texas to locate a favorite archaeology professor who inexplicably has gone missing while searching for the Fountain of Youth. In the course of their pursuit, the group unwittingly rappels into a break in the space-time continuum, where time passes much slower than on the surface. With no hope for rescue, they descend further into the cave and uncover the most coveted urban legend in history and find themselves in the crossfire for its control.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzSF5qioaO8

A great little sci-fi film that needed a bigger budget... and hopefully a sequel

Death Proof :up:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:57 pm

29th
Pride and Glory
(2008)

A family of police officers - patriarch, two sons, and a son-in-law - deals with corruption in a precinct in Washington Heights. Four officers die in an ambush at a drug dealer's apartment. It's brother Francis's precinct, so when the investigation led by brother Ray finds hints of police corruption, there's pressure to close ranks and save Frankie's career. Dad, a police brass, promises Ray that he and Frankie can clean things up, and Ray should focus on catching the drug dealer who killed the cops. Meanwhile, brother-in-law Jimmy, a hothead and an enforcer, is visited at home by a lowlife. Is Jimmy involved in the corruption? Where can this take the family?
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Qu80hRoh4&t=40s

Colin Farrell at his most scumbaggiest :up:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:05 pm

28th
Halloween
(2018)

Jamie Lee Curtis returns to her iconic role as Laurie Strode, who comes to her final confrontation with Michael Myers, the masked figure who has haunted her since she narrowly escaped his killing spree on Halloween night four decades ago.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek1ePFp-nBI

But why's it called Halloween? It's like The Thing and then... The Thing (2011)?
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:14 pm

27th
The Drop
(2014)

Follows lonely bartender Bob Saginowski through a covert scheme of funneling cash to local gangsters - "money drops" - in the underworld of Brooklyn bars. Under the heavy hand of his employer and cousin Marv, Bob finds himself at the center of a robbery gone awry and entwined in an investigation that digs deep into the neighborhood's past where friends, families, and foes all work together to make a living - no matter the cost.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGkZq8ZOgO4

James Gandolfini is the only american in this film - Trivia :D Those pesky europeans get everywhere
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:25 pm

26th
Split Second
(1992)

The year is 2008 and something is terrorizing the streets of London, leaving numerous heartless corpses behind. Fortunately detective Harley Stone (Rutger Hauer) is on the case and discovers that the murderous monster behind the killings is just that.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-M8PbnAiTc

Hilarious trailer voice guy :D

Venom?
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:33 pm

25th
The Drownsman
(2014)

After almost drowning in a lake, Madison finds herself bound to a life of fear. Unable to describe what happened to her during the moments she was underwater, she begins to develop hydrophobia: an abnormal fear of water. Crippled by her post trauma, Madison attempts to shut out the world but her fear intensifies and she is faced with the vision of a dark figure that haunts her day and night. After watching her struggle for one year with the phobia and visions, Madison's four friends attempt an unconventional intervention in which they accidentally open a floodgate to a dark place where none of them are safe. As Madison and her friends dive deeper into the dark history of this figure that haunts them, it reaches out and begins dragging them to a horrifying place that they can never come back from.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoC23-RdUfM&t=28s

Corny stuff but fun :P
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:48 pm

24th
American Heist
(2014)

James (Hayden Christensen) owes his life to his older brother, Frankie (Adrien Brody) after taking the rap for a crime they committed together. While Frankie served time, James worked to turn his life around, got a steady job and began courting his former girlfriend Emily (Jordana Brewster). Now, Frankie is released and back on the streets with no money and no place to go. He turns to his underworld connections (Akon) and convinces James to join him in hopes that one last job will be the solution to change both their lives
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rARy1veFIps&t=77s
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:57 pm

23rd
The Crazies
(2010)

David Dutten is sheriff of Ogden Marsh, a picture-perfect American. But one night, one of them comes to a school baseball game with a loaded shotgun, ready to kill. Another man burns down his own house, after locking his wife and young son in a closet inside. Something is infecting the citizens of Ogden Marsh -- with insanity. In an effort to keep the madness contained, the government uses deadly force to close off all access and won't let anyone in or out -- even those uninfected. The few still sane find themselves trapped: Forced to band together, an ordinary night becomes a horrifying struggle for survival as they do their best to get out of town alive.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7w9uWFIMBs

Hmmm this was better than i remembered?
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:19 pm

22nd
Stiletto
(2008)

A methodical female assassin is stalking and killing members of a ruthless criminal organization. The killer, a mysterious young Russian woman, dispatches her victims with Black Widow brutality, working her way through the ranks of thugs, and drug dealers. One of her victims survives. A wealthy, retired crime boss, Virgil. He shares a past with the Russian Woman and her betrayal breaks his heart. Furious and paranoid, Virgil cannot trust even his closest associates. So, he enlists a crooked homicide detective, Beck, to track her down before the police get to her.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQp7xWN1nEw

Sooooo trashy but i liked it, mainly for the psychotic women ;)
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:25 pm

21st
Paddington 2
(2017)

Paddington is happily settled with the Brown family in Windsor Gardens, where he has become a popular member of the community, spreading joy and marmalade wherever he goes. While searching for the perfect present for his beloved Aunt Lucy's 100th birthday, Paddington spots a unique pop-up book in Mr. Gruber's antique shop, and embarks upon a series of odd jobs to buy it. But when the book is stolen, it's up to Paddington and the Browns to unmask the thief.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52x5HJ9H8DM

I actualy haven't seen the 1st one!!!
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:41 pm

20th
Alpha
(2018)

An epic adventure set in the last Ice Age, ALPHA tells a fascinating, visually stunning story that shines a light on the origins of man's best friend. While on his first hunt with his tribe's most elite group, a young man is injured and must learn to survive alone in the wilderness. Reluctantly taming a lone wolf abandoned by its pack, the pair learn to rely on each other and become unlikely allies, enduring countless dangers and overwhelming odds in order to find their way home before winter arrives.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIxnTi4GmCo

Not bad.. a lot of criticisms like "wow they had barbers and dentists back then"... and "who's their tailor?"
But it was a good adventure movie :up:

I'm sure eskimo archer girl from the trailer ended up on the cutting room floor which is a shame :(
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:54 pm

19th
+1
(2013)

In this supernatural thriller, three college friends go to the biggest party of the year, each looking for something different: love, sex and a simple human connection. When a mysterious phenomenon disrupts the party, it lights a fuse on what will become the strangest night anyone has ever seen. As the three friends struggle to find what they're looking for, the party quickly descends into a chaos that challenges if they can stay friends or if they can even stay alive.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsqeFPXYKOc

Basically Coherence vs Project X unfortunately the ending was lame, but who could hate a film with a scene like this :)

Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:16 pm

18th
Boarding School
(2018)

When troubled 12-year-old Jacob Felsen is sent away to boarding school, he enters every kid's worst nightmare: A creepy old mansion, deserted except for six other teenage misfits and two menacing and mysterious teachers. As events become increasingly horrific, Jacob must conquer his fears to find the strength to survive.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lw5yIKttaE

Apex and Takoma :up:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:22 pm

17th
28 Days
(2000)

Gwen Cummings is a successful New York writer living life in the fast lane and everyone's favorite party girl. She shares this roller-coaster lifestyle of hopping from dance club to bar to hangover with boyfriend Jasper-handsome, magnetic and equally attracted to life on the wild side. Life is just an exercise in debauchery-until Gwen's ungraceful display at her sister Lily's wedding, when she gets drunk, commandeers the limo and earns herself a DUI and 28 days in court-ordered rehab. There, Gwen comes face to face with a unique set of rules (like no cell phones) and rituals (like chanting) embraced by an assortment of fascinating fellow re-habbers: Eddie, Gerhardt, Oliver, Andrea, Roshanda, and Billie Jean. A jaded city girl to the core, Gwen is determined not to conform. Then she meets Counselor Cornell, who begins to break through her carefully constructed defenses and force her to take a closer look at who she really is. Ultimately, through the companionship of her group as well as a devastating loss, Gwen gradually loses her cynicism and begins the long struggle to take back her life. Maybe, she discovers, your insides can match your outsides.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7RXmrlGe-k

Six wedding cakes were made for the wedding scene shoot. One cake was used for a test shot, with a stunt woman falling on it to see how it would look. Unbeknownst to director Betty Thomas, the cake had two wooden stakes inside for structural support. Fortunately, the stunt woman was not injured when she fell on the cake. - Trivia :shock:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:30 pm

16th
Shooter
(2007)

Bob Lee Swagger, one of the world's great marksmen and the son of a Congressional Medal of Honoree, is a loner living in the Rockies. He's left the military, having been hung out to dry in a secret Ethiopian mission a few years before, when he's recruited by a colonel to help find a way that the President of the US might be assassinated in one of three cities in the next two weeks. He does his work, but the shot is fired notwithstanding and Bob Lee is quickly the fall guy: wounded and hunted by thousands, he goes to ground and, aided by two unlikely allies, searches for the truth and for those who double-crossed him. All roads lead back to Ethiopia.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3lPVwYOdzA&t=5s

Eminem, aka Marshall Mathers, turned down the villain role. - Trivia :(
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:02 am

15th
I'm Not Scared
(2003)

While playing outside one day, nine-year-old Michele discovers Filippo, who is chained to the ground at the bottom of a hole. Michele witnesses town baddie Felice nearby and suspects something bad is happening. Michele is unsure whom he should tell about his discovery, eventually spilling the beans to his closest friend.
7/10
German Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SZ9nqoeJ0g

As the film is mainly told from a child's point of view, director Gabriele Salvatores instructed his director of photography Italo Petriccione to shoot most of the film at a child's height. - Trivia
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:05 am

14th
Twelve Monkeys
(1995)

An intense film about time travel, this Sci-Fi entry was directed by Terry Gilliam, a member of the comedy troupe Monty Python. The film stars Bruce Willis as James Cole, a prisoner of the state in the year 2035 who can earn parole if he agrees to travel back in time and thwart a devastating plague. The virus has wiped out most of the Earth's population and the remainder live underground because the air is poisonous. Returning to the year 1990, six years before the start of the plague, Cole is soon imprisoned in a psychiatric facility because his warnings sound like mad ravings. There he meets a scientist named Dr. Kathryn Railly (Madeleine Stowe) and Jeffrey Goines (Brad Pitt), the mad son of an eminent virologist (Christopher Plummer). Cole is returned by the authorities to the year 2035, and finally ends up at his intended destination in 1996. He kidnaps Dr. Railly in order to enlist her help in his quest.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15s4Y9ffW_o

Yeah it's a rewatch ;)
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:11 am

13th
Cam
(2018)

In Daniel Goldhaber and Isa Mazzei's paranoid horror thriller "Cam," an erotic webcam performer finds her followers stolen by a doppelganger who hijacks her channel, pushes the sexual envelope farther, and otherwise seems determined to destroy her life. Call it identity theft of a possibly supernatural kind.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN8xZ5WDonk

The thing i didn't like was =
I was trying to work out the mystery of the other girl but they just went into fantasy realm and cheated me
:x
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:36 am

Rumpled wrote:26th
Split Second
(1992)

The year is 2008 and something is terrorizing the streets of London, leaving numerous heartless corpses behind. Fortunately detective Harley Stone (Rutger Hauer) is on the case and discovers that the murderous monster behind the killings is just that.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-M8PbnAiTc

Hilarious trailer voice guy :D

Venom?
Harley Stone! :D
And it's really pissing him off!
Popcorn Reviews

Post by Popcorn Reviews » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:54 am

Twelve Monkeys is one of my favorite sci-fi films.
Apex Predator

Post by Apex Predator » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:10 am

Rumpled wrote:15th
I'm Not Scared
(2003)

While playing outside one day, nine-year-old Michele discovers Filippo, who is chained to the ground at the bottom of a hole. Michele witnesses town baddie Felice nearby and suspects something bad is happening. Michele is unsure whom he should tell about his discovery, eventually spilling the beans to his closest friend.
7/10
German Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SZ9nqoeJ0g

As the film is mainly told from a child's point of view, director Gabriele Salvatores instructed his director of photography Italo Petriccione to shoot most of the film at a child's height. - Trivia
This is one of those films I've been meaning to see for a while now.

Also haven't seen 12 Monkeys.

Wasn't as keen on 28 Days as some were.

If you liked Paddington 2, you'll be sure to enjoy 1. Has the same general amiable family feel and everything.
Charles

Post by Charles » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:14 am

Rumpled wrote: Time Trap (2017)[/size]
And this goes straight to the watch list.

About Hitman, The Movie, the character in the games was always a genetically engineered super assassin. It's weird that they would make an action movie out of him because the whole point of every single game is to never be detected. Does he disguise as someone even once?
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:48 am

I haven't seen I'm Not Scared since it first came out, but I remember really liking it.

I think it does a great job of capturing (I'm spoiler texting this because I can't remember if it's a "twist"/reveal, or something we just know from the first act) that
the parents/adults in your life might be kind to you but otherwise morally compromised.
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:08 pm

12th
The Equalizer 2
(2018)

Director Antoine Fuqua reunites with Denzel Washington in this sequel to 2014's The Equalizer. Washington resumes his role as Robert McCall: a retired CIA Black Ops operative who now works as a Lyft driver and moonlights as a vigilante. When his long-time friend Susan Plummer (Melissa Leo) is murdered, he embarks on a relentless, globe-trotting quest for vengeance.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyNJ3UrGk_I

And this months caption contest is...

Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:16 pm

11th
Fear
(1996)

Mark Wahlberg stars in one of his first features as a hoodlum drug dealer from the wrong side of the trackswho falls in love with Nicole Walker, an upper-middle-class high school girl (Reese Witherspoon). In this psycho-drama (with the emphasis on psycho), Nicole happily loses her virginity to her first love, but, when she begins to doubt the relationship, his tenderness turns to violence, as he stalks and terrorizes her and her friends and family. The girl's father never trusted him in the first place, but his reservations about his daughter's first serious boyfriend are interpreted as Oedipal paranoia, until the boy and his drug-dealing, date-raping buddies besiege the overly fortified house in a twisted attempt to win back Nicole's love.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al_Sw3zUChQ

Another wonderfully scumbaggy creepy performance... this time by Wahlberg, can't believe i've never seen this one before!!!
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:27 pm

10th
A Star is Born
(2018)

Seasoned musician Jackson Maine (Bradley Cooper) discovers-and falls in love with-struggling artist Ally (Gaga). She has just about given up on her dream to make it big as a singer - until Jack coaxes her into the spotlight. But even as Ally's career takes off, the personal side of their relationship is breaking down, as Jack fights an ongoing battle with his own internal demons.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSbzyEJ8X9E

Didn't care for the songs at all... but the acting was top notch ;)
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:35 pm

9th
The Clovehitch Killer
(2018)

A shocking revelation turns a teenage boy's world upside down in this chilling look at the evil that can lurk below even the most wholesome surface. Tyler Burnside is a Boy Scout, a volunteer at his local church, and the dutiful son of an upstanding, community leader dad. Only one thing troubles the quiet Kentucky town he lives in: the unsolved murders-in which ten women were brutally tortured and killed by a psychopath known as Clovehitch-that rocked the community more than a decade ago. When Tyler discovers a cache of disturbing images in his father's possession, he begins to suspect that the man he trusts most in the world may be Clovehitch-and that his deadly rampage may not be over. With unrelenting tension, director Duncan Skiles crafts a picture-perfect vision of the all-American family-and then piece by piece rips it to shreds.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShlNTZ96fx4&t=18s

Horrorcrammers :up:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:41 pm

8th
Mile 22
(2018)

In a visceral modern thriller from the director of Lone Survivor, Mark Wahlberg stars as James Silva, an operative of the CIA's most highly-prized and least-understood unit. Aided by a top-secret tactical command team, Silva must retrieve and transport an asset who holds life-threatening information to Mile 22 for extraction before the enemy closes in.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJU6S5KOsNI

AKA The Raid 3 :up:
Apex Predator

Post by Apex Predator » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:44 pm

Yeah, Wahlberg was convincing in Fear.

I think the problem might be the writing in that it feels kind of obvious where it's going before the characters realize where it is going.
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:47 pm

7th
The Ice Harvest
(2005)

Larceny, lust and lethal behavior. In icebound Wichita, Kansas, it's Christmas Eve, and this year Charlie Arglist just might have something to celebrate. Charlie, an attorney for the sleazy businesses of Wichita, and his unsavory associate, the steely Vic Cavanaugh have just successfully embezzled $2 million from Kansas City boss Bill Guerrard. But the real prize for Charlie is the stunning Renata, who runs the Sweet Cage strip club. Charlie hopes to slip out of town with Renata. But as daylight fades and an ice storm whirls, everyone from Charlie's drinking buddy Pete Van Heuten to the local police begin to wonder just what exactly is in Charlie's Christmas stocking - and the 12 hours of Christmas Eve are filled with surprises.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul5U0ow-_TY

Awwww a great hidden gem which i should've saved for christmas day :P
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:59 pm

6th
Incredibles 2
(2018)

While the Parr family has accepted its collective calling as superheroes, the fact remains that their special heroism is still illegal. After they are arrested after unsuccessfully trying to stop the Underminer, their future seems bleak. However, the wealthy Deavor siblings of Devtech offer new hope with a bold project to rehabilitate the public image and legal status of Supers, with Elastigirl being assigned on point to be the shining example. Now having agreed for now to stay at home to care of the kids, Mr. Incredible finds domestic life a daunting challenge, especially with baby Jack-Jack's newly emerged powers making him almost impossible to manage. However, Elastigirl soon has her own concerns dealing with the menace of a new supervillain, Screenslaver, who is wreaking havoc with his mind control abilities. Now, Elastigirl must solve the mystery of this enemy, who has malevolent designs on the world with the Parr family and friends key targets of this evil.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5qOzqD9Rms

The fourteen-year gap between the first film and this follow-up was the longest waiting time between a Disney/Pixar movie and its sequel. - Triva :shock:
Jesus has it really been that long... i feel so old :(
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:09 pm

5th
Peppermint
(2018)

An unidentified woman is engaged in a brutal fight with a man in a car and finally dispatches him with a shot to the head. Five years earlier, the same woman, Riley North, is working as a banker in Los Angeles struggling to make ends meet. Her husband Chris owns a failing mechanic shop. They have a ten-year-old daughter, Carly. Chris's friend tries to talk him into robbing Diego Garcia, a powerful drug lord. Chris turns him down, but not before Garcia has already discovered his involvement and ordered his men to make an example of him. Riley and Chris take Carly out for pizza and to a carnival for her birthday since no one showed up to her party. At the carnival, Carly orders peppermint ice cream. As the family walks to the car, Diego's men gun down her husband and daughter in a drive-by shooting. She is wounded but survives.. and now she's god damn pissed off.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeBMQpzoEXQ

Jennifer Garner is a better Batman than Ben Affleck. There, I said it. - youtube

Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:15 pm

4th
Elvira, Mistress of the Dark
(1988)

When a chauvinist millionaire buys the television network where the sexy Elvira is the horror hostess of a late show, she quits her job with the intention of producing her own show in Las Vegas. However, the producers demand 50 thousand dollars from her and Elvira does not have the money. Out of the blue, she receives a telegram informing that her great-aunt Morgana died and she has an inheritance to receive. Elvira drives to the uptight town of Fallwell, Massachusetts, where her convertible breaks down. While repairing her convertible, Elvira inherits an archaic mansion, a recipe book and a poodle. Her great-uncle Vincent Talbot proposes to buy her book, but the poodle hides it in the sofa. Meanwhile, the conservative council of Fallwell feels uncomfortable with Elvira's clothes and behavior and does not let her find a job. But cinema owner Bob Redding and the local teenagers help Elvira.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfVl56ZQBWA&t=26s

My first elvira experience... :)

"Just grab a tool and start banging"
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:24 pm

3rd
Nurse 3D
(2013)

By day Abby Russell is a dedicated nurse, someone you wouldn't hesitate to trust your life with. But by night, her real work begins...using her smoldering sexuality she lures cheating men to their brutal deaths and exposes them for who they really are. When a younger nurse starts to suspect Abby's actions and compromises her master plan, Abby must find a way to outsmart her long enough to bring the cheater you'd least expect to justice.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipdZPDiTLME

On paper this should be garbage.... and it is.. it's hot sticky glorious garbage :heart:

And f**k knows why it has 3D on the end as i can't recall any made for 3D moments? Thank god
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:38 pm

2nd
The Spy Who Dumped Me
(2018)

Audrey (Mila Kunis) and Morgan (Kate McKinnon), two thirty-year-old best friends in Los Angeles, are thrust unexpectedly into an international conspiracy when Audrey's ex-boyfriend shows up at their apartment with a team of deadly assassins on his trail. Surprising even themselves, the duo jump into action, on the run throughout Europe from assassins and a suspicious-but-charming British agent, as they hatch a plan to save the world.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXkUaaVrB_s

Completely and utterly all about Kate McKinnon and psycho gymnast ukranian hitwoman :)

Soooooo under the radar... but i found it hilarious and some cool action sequences :up:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:05 pm

1st
Internal Affairs
(1990)

Keen young Raymond Avila joins the Internal Affairs Department of the Los Angeles police. He and partner Amy Wallace are soon looking closely at the activities of cop Dennis Peck whose financial holdings start to suggest something shady. Indeed Peck is involved in any number of dubious or downright criminal activities. He is also devious, a womaniser, and a clever manipulator, and he starts to turn his attention on Avila.
10/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWMzNDEZWgU

Yeah it's a rewatch and the one of the best thrillers ever... all thanks to the king of scumbags Dennis Peck played brilliantly by Richard Gere and everything else in this film hits the right note and what a awesomely spooky score :up:

Hey just noticed sexy black woman scene in the trailer is not in the finished film :x
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:09 pm

Hottie of the Month

Miss November Alyssa Milano (Fear)
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:51 pm

Rumpled wrote:5th
Peppermint
(2018)

An unidentified woman is engaged in a brutal fight with a man in a car and finally dispatches him with a shot to the head. Five years earlier, the same woman, Riley North, is working as a banker in Los Angeles struggling to make ends meet. Her husband Chris owns a failing mechanic shop. They have a ten-year-old daughter, Carly. Chris's friend tries to talk him into robbing Diego Garcia, a powerful drug lord. Chris turns him down, but not before Garcia has already discovered his involvement and ordered his men to make an example of him. Riley and Chris take Carly out for pizza and to a carnival for her birthday since no one showed up to her party. At the carnival, Carly orders peppermint ice cream. As the family walks to the car, Diego's men gun down her husband and daughter in a drive-by shooting. She is wounded but survives.. and now she's god damn pissed off.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeBMQpzoEXQ

Jennifer Garner is a better Batman than Ben Affleck. There, I said it. - youtube

I am pleased to see this rated highly here. I saw initial positive reviews, then a bunch of bad ones, which disappointed because I wanted this movie to succeed for various reasons.
I will add it back to my queue.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:53 pm

Rumpled wrote:4th
Elvira, Mistress of the Dark
(1988)

When a chauvinist millionaire buys the television network where the sexy Elvira is the horror hostess of a late show, she quits her job with the intention of producing her own show in Las Vegas. However, the producers demand 50 thousand dollars from her and Elvira does not have the money. Out of the blue, she receives a telegram informing that her great-aunt Morgana died and she has an inheritance to receive. Elvira drives to the uptight town of Fallwell, Massachusetts, where her convertible breaks down. While repairing her convertible, Elvira inherits an archaic mansion, a recipe book and a poodle. Her great-uncle Vincent Talbot proposes to buy her book, but the poodle hides it in the sofa. Meanwhile, the conservative council of Fallwell feels uncomfortable with Elvira's clothes and behavior and does not let her find a job. But cinema owner Bob Redding and the local teenagers help Elvira.
8/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfVl56ZQBWA&t=26s

My first elvira experience... :)

"Just grab a tool and start banging"
I been meaning to rewatch this for years, I was such a big Elvira fan when I was young, but have put it off worrying it would be a waste of time.
Also re-added to the queue.