Stu Presents: A History Of New Hollywood!

Discuss anything you want.
Popcorn Reviews

Re: Stu Presents: A History Of New Hollywood!

Post by Popcorn Reviews » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:10 pm

Stu wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:55 am
Thank you, but I can't say that this thread's back yet, at least not on the full-time basis it was on initially; I just happened to have rewatched 2001 in order to write a standard review for it, and, considering that it's a personal favorite of mine from the New Hollywood era, and that it held up spectacularly, I just felt a sudden burst of inspiration that night to write a special stand-alone entry for this thread, so I don't think new entries in here are going to be a regular thing again just yet. That being said though, I did enjoy writing that a lot, and it's got me thinking that I might want to do a couple more "do-over" entries in here eventually, for movies that I prefer to what I originally choose from the years I've already covered, like, say, for The Wild Bunch or (especially) The Graduate, so keep your eyes peeled, yo!
Okay, sweet. I'll look forward to them. There's some great write-ups in here.
Stu

Post by Stu » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:33 am

Popcorn Reviews wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:10 pm
Okay, sweet. I'll look forward to them. There's some great write-ups in here.
Thanks! Unfortunately, it seems as though I've lost some of the posters who were initially commenting on this project due to that long lull I took inbetween write-ups, but I'll keep writing just for you at least, as long as you're still interested 8-)
Yes, I'm a mod; let me know if you need anything.

Read My Reviews
Popcorn Reviews

Post by Popcorn Reviews » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:23 pm

Stu wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:33 am
Thanks! Unfortunately, it seems as though I've lost some of the posters who were initially commenting on this project due to that long lull I took inbetween write-ups, but I'll keep writing just for you at least, as long as you're still interested 8-)
I am! And thanks.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:17 pm

Stu wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:33 am
I'm in. Keep 'em comin'.