Thief's Monthly Film Challenge 2019

Discuss anything you want.
Thief

Re: Thief's Monthly Film Challenge 2019

Post by Thief » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:07 pm

Quick update, I will try to post whatever it is I'll do later today, but as for me, this is in an indefinite hiatus. For those that haven't heard, we had a tremor/earthquake yesterday that left pretty much all the island with no power. I'm at work now, and they predict most people will have power sometime today, but we never know. Anyway, as time allows, I'll start a new thread, post whatever it is I'll do and those that want can start playing.
--- UNDER CONSTRUCTION ---
Captain Terror

Post by Captain Terror » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:25 pm

:up:
Thanks for the update. I actually composed a PM last night to ask how things were going, but then figured you probably didn't have power so I deleted it.
Never fear, I'm sure our President will be down there shortly with plenty of paper towels for everyone. :roll: Glad to hear you're ok.
Popcorn Reviews

Post by Popcorn Reviews » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:10 pm

Well, glad to hear that you're safe. Just take care.
Thief

Post by Thief » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:12 pm

Captain Terror wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:25 pm
:up:
Thanks for the update. I actually composed a PM last night to ask how things were going, but then figured you probably didn't have power so I deleted it.
Never fear, I'm sure our President will be down there shortly with plenty of paper towels for everyone. :roll: Glad to hear you're ok.
Ha! as long as he throws them like basketballs, he can bring paper towels, yeah :roll: Anyway, we had the chance to recharge our cell phones in the car so I had a little juice left. I'm at work right now, but my wife tells me power came back about an hour ago. Slow and steady. Let's hope we don't get any more big shakes.
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:07 pm

I have friends in Ponce. RIP Punta Ventana :(

Stay safe, Thief.
Apex Predator

Post by Apex Predator » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:31 pm

Glad to hear everything is OK. I think we were all worried when we heard about the earthquake on the news.

Take your time and when you're ready, we'll be ready.
Thief

Post by Thief » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:53 pm

Jinnistan wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:07 pm
I have friends in Ponce. RIP Punta Ventana :(

Stay safe, Thief.
I live in the north now (Dorado), but I was born and raised in Ponce. My mom still lives there, although she was staying with my older brother in Yauco (closer to the epicenter) the last couple of days. Anyway, they're all okay.

And yeah, Punta Ventana was a gorgeous place :(

Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:04 pm

Thief wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:07 pm
Quick update, I will try to post whatever it is I'll do later today, but as for me, this is in an indefinite hiatus. For those that haven't heard, we had a tremor/earthquake yesterday that left pretty much all the island with no power. I'm at work now, and they predict most people will have power sometime today, but we never know. Anyway, as time allows, I'll start a new thread, post whatever it is I'll do and those that want can start playing.
You were the first person I thought of when I heard it on the news. I'm glad you're safe.
Apex Predator wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:31 pm
Take your time and when you're ready, we'll be ready.
Are you saying that taking care of himself, his family, his children is somehow more important than giving us (grown adults) new categories> Okay, selfish. :roll:
Apex Predator

Post by Apex Predator » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:29 am

Takoma1 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:04 pm
Are you saying that taking care of himself, his family, his children is somehow more important than giving us (grown adults) new categories> Okay, selfish. :roll:
Save that ruthlessness for October. ;)
Stu

Post by Stu » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:33 am

Glad you're okay, Thief!
Thief

Post by Thief » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:03 pm

Thanks to all for the thoughts. Like I said, we got our power back yesterday, and will slowly try to get back to normal (with all the awareness and preparations that this entails). Things were significantly rougher in the south. The aftershocks are felt more, the damage to the power plant down there was very severe, my brothers and mother still don't have power... but at least they're ok and they're together.

Truth of the matter is that considering that we're located in a very active plate, and yet haven't had a significant earthquake since 1918, this was bound to happen. We can only hope that this was the "big one", and that things can go back to normal now, but we can't let our guards down.