NAMELESS watches THE PREQUELS :(

Discuss anything you want.
MadMan

Re: NAMELESS watches THE PREQUELS :(

Post by MadMan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:46 pm

Oxnard Montalvo wrote:Young Han Solo could have maybe been more fun it were an 'average day in the life of Han Solo' kind of movie. it would still be a pointless movie but potentially less lame. I don't care how get met Chewie or how he met Lando or how he got the Falcon or how he got started with Jabba. none of that crap. maybe throw Josh Holloway in there somewhere, he should have been Woody Harrelson's character anyway. not that it would have changed the overall quality much.
Holloway would have been a great Solo.
This Is My Blog. There Are Many Like It But This One Is Mine
Shitty Film Thread
Follow Me On Twitter If You Aren't Doing So Already
The MadMan Reserved 31 Seats
"I think its time we discuss your, uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavor." -Naked Lunch (1991)
Ace

Post by Ace » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:02 pm

Oxnard Montalvo wrote:I probably would have enjoyed Young Han Solo a bit more if I didn't find the cinematography to be so lousy. and I don't doubt it had something to do with making sure the original and reshot footage fit together (plus hiding any unfinished sets, CGI, etc.).
It was shot by Bradford Young. He lensed Arrival so it had something to do with that I'm sure.
Co host of the Film Raiders Podcast.
Were on Spotify, Itunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, TuneIn, Blubrr,Iheartradio and many more.
The Nameless One

Post by The Nameless One » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:49 pm

Attack of the Clones day. Yikes.
Death Proof

Post by Death Proof » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:20 pm

The Nameless One wrote:Attack of the Clones day. Yikes.

Shepherds we shall be, for thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.
The Nameless One

Post by The Nameless One » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:15 pm

Death Proof wrote:

I can't even get a good download for it, literally no one even wants Attack of the Clones on their computer... yikes.
Thief

Post by Thief » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:50 pm

The Nameless One wrote:I can't even get a good download for it, literally no one even wants Attack of the Clones on their computer... yikes.
I think I saw it yesterday on cable/Sling. Don't remember what channel, though, but if you have Sling, you can search.
--- UNDER CONSTRUCTION ---
The Nameless One

Post by The Nameless One » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:22 pm

Thief wrote:
I think I saw it yesterday on cable/Sling. Don't remember what channel, though, but if you have Sling, you can search.
Oh lordy, I have to sign up for a free trial for and... I'm officially crowned Star Wars Fan Supreme if I pull this nonsense off.
Oxnard Montalvo

Post by Oxnard Montalvo » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:23 pm

Fox/Disney merger means that in theory we could see the original Star Wars theatrical versions on DVD. although according to George
As you may know, an enormous amount of effort was put into digitally restoring the negatives for the Special Editions. In one scene alone, nearly one million pieces of dirt had to be removed, and the Special Editions were created through a frame-by-frame digital restoration. The negatives of the movies were permanently altered for the creation of the Special Editions, and existing prints of the first versions are in poor condition.
and even if that wasn't an issue, I'm sure that it still won't happen because of George Lucas reasons (maybe even terms in the bill of sale to Disney?).

I currently have Harmy's Despecialized Edition on my harddrive but I'd still buy official DVDs if they were ever released. would look better on my bookcase.
Captain Terror

Post by Captain Terror » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:42 pm

Oxnard Montalvo wrote:Fox/Disney merger means that in theory we could see the original Star Wars theatrical versions on DVD. although according to George

and even if that wasn't an issue, I'm sure that it still won't happen because of George Lucas reasons (maybe even terms in the bill of sale to Disney?).

I currently have Harmy's Despecialized Edition on my harddrive but I'd still buy official DVDs if they were ever released. would look better on my bookcase.
I'm ignorant of the legal stuff involved but assuming that all gets cleared up, I don't believe a decent print couldn't be salvaged for release. If Criterion or Kino can manage pristine copies of films from the 20s, using multiple sources (negatives, internegatives, release prints, what have you) then surely we can manage to cobble together something from 1977. It was the most popular film of the decade, there's gotta be hundreds of prints out there, even accounting for some being lost/destroyed.