Gifs, Videos, and Other Such Things

Discuss anything you want.
Stu

Re: Gifs, Videos, and Other Such Things

Post by Stu » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:04 am

I already had that vid saved for later when it was initially uploaded, since I'm a fan of that channel, but also because the title/thumbnail just gave me such a big WTF reaction; "what on (flat) Earth could this have to do with movies??". y'know?
Yes, I'm a mod; let me know if you need anything.

Read My Reviews
DaMU

Post by DaMU » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:33 am

Oh, it has nothing to do with movies.
NOTE:
The above-written is wholly and solely the perspective of DaMU and should not be taken as an effort to rile, malign, or diminish you, dummo.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:32 pm

DaMU wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:21 am
This documentary-length video on Flat-Earthers and... other topics (trust me, it's worth it to wait for it) is one of the better YouTube essays I've ever seen.

This stuff just makes me so uneasy. Seeing first-hand that there are (alleged) grown-ups - who are allowed vote - vigorously believing and defending stuff like this, it just kinda terrifies me.
Charles

Post by Charles » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:39 pm

It's a quote unquote symptom of a certain way of thinking. I was listening to some radio or podcast shows at some points about UFOs, the paranormal, etc etc. At some point, you can't help but pick up on the fact that some people are just wired to go straight to the top shelf for any explanation. There was someone saying that they had seen bigfoot, been abducted, seen ghosts, the whole shebang. There was a video by Hbonberguy showing something similar about a preeminent youtube flat-earther, who also didn't believe what everyone was saying about food, and straight up filmed himself eating raw meat sometimes.
Torgo

Post by Torgo » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:39 pm

And now for something completely different: the funniest original song from Mystery Science Theater 3000.
I haven't seen every episode, but I thought I had a firm grasp of the series' funniest bits and segments until I watched Wild Rebels.
Last Great Movie Seen
Razorback (Mulcahy, 1984)
WHIT BISSELL!

Post by WHIT BISSELL! » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:04 am

This is being re-released 17 years after it's original run. I've only seen two of Bong Joon Ho's films along with a handful of other Korean films but there wasn't a stinker among them. Each one were head and shoulders above most Hollywood fare.

I want people to know that it's Whitner Nutting Bissell who's kicking in their door - WHIT BISSELL!
DaMU

Post by DaMU » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:23 am

The night Parasite won, there was a couple there, and the wife was a Korean woman (we hadn't met before), and she was utterly bewildered that people loved the film so much or even paid attention to their movies. She didn't think Parasite was any more or less fantastic than the usual stuff she would see in SK. Which... kinda tracks, when you see how much amazing shit SK's been putting out since their censorship relaxed in the '90s.
NOTE:
The above-written is wholly and solely the perspective of DaMU and should not be taken as an effort to rile, malign, or diminish you, dummo.
Rump

Post by Rump » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:45 am

I swear thats Tony Curtis in drag again!!! :P

MrCarmady

Post by MrCarmady » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:47 am

Was recently introduced to this channel, some mind-boggling stuff.
Popcorn Reviews

Post by Popcorn Reviews » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:51 pm

Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:23 pm

MrCarmady wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:47 am

Was recently introduced to this channel, some mind-boggling stuff.
I'm actually a pretty hippie kinda guy and people are always trying to get me to go to Burning Man, and I have been to a few of their smaller (like just a couple thousand people) parties, but whenever I see videos from actual Burning Man I'm just like, "give me a fucking break". :roll:
WHIT BISSELL!

Post by WHIT BISSELL! » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:50 pm

This looks good. I try never to pass up Frost/Pegg collaborations even when they're subpar like Paul or them simply being listed as costars like Slaughterhouse Rulez.

I want people to know that it's Whitner Nutting Bissell who's kicking in their door - WHIT BISSELL!