Status of Gort/YTMN

Discuss anything you want.
Gort

Status of Gort/YTMN

Post by Gort » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:05 pm

YTMN and Gort were always the same dude in real life. Most if not all of you know that. I came back like a ghost just to let anyone who cares know that my mother died on July 3, 2019. Her funeral was July 9th.

Since that time I have been clearing out her house (reverse mortgage taken out in 2009, and I can’t afford to buy the house). I have some land in rural Arkansas, still in the hills, of course. Bought a mobile home that’s half the size of her house, and moved some furniture into it. By Thanksgiving I hope to be living up there all the time.

My only disappointment so far is that the internet coverage in that area sucks. 10 GB of satellite-mediated data per month was the same price as 17 GB of hotspot data. No other method of internet connection is available at my new house for the time being.

I wound up with a hotspot and 17 GB total data for each month, which costs more than the 50 Mbps fiber optic cable I’m using at the moment. And this account in Little Rock has unlimited data. I’ve used between 113 GB and 312 GB per month since January 2019. That will stop; ha ha!

Gort/YTMN will have to learn how to use the internet in a new way, at least until months or years pass and some provider puts in a service-wire box for DSL, or satellite internet becomes more affordable and more reliable.

So, my farewell to all of you Corries must continue.
Gort/YTMN left the forum due to trolling on August 25, 2018.
I had fun. Thanks for reading!

"The wealthy and powerful always remind us that cream rises to the top.
What they fail to acknowledge is that pond scum also rises to the top.
And there is a lot more pond scum in the world than there is cream.
If you become rich and powerful, I hope that you will be cream rather than pond scum." --YTMN

Rematch Resurrection Catalog for Rounds 1-4 New post 180721 -- YTMN's Remake Rematch Thread.
Thread Resurrected 21 Jul 2018. Thread abandoned 1 Aug 2017. Thread COMPLETE 25 May 14 (2d time!)

The Future Unreels
Popcorn Reviews

Re: Status of Gort/YTMN

Post by Popcorn Reviews » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:15 pm

It's been a while man. Sorry to hear about your mom, Gort. Also, good luck with your new home. I assume you're not going to stick around, but I'll definitely miss you on this site. Thanks for catching up with us though.
Torgo

Post by Torgo » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:24 pm

Sorry for your loss.
I hope everything works out for you in Arkansas. Watch out for rattlesnakes, bears and Huckabees.
Last Great Movie Seen
Loves of a Blonde (Forman, 1965)
Thief

Post by Thief » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:38 pm

Torgo wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:24 pm
Sorry for your loss.
I hope everything works out for you in Arkansas. Watch out for rattlesnakes, bears and Huckabees.
Especially Huckabees. They're the worst.

Be safe, Gort :heart:
--- UNDER CONSTRUCTION ---
Death Proof

Post by Death Proof » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:49 pm

Ain't no grave gonna hold this body down
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:40 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Stu

Post by Stu » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:30 am

I'm so sorry to hear that, Gort; I know it wasn't easy for me to go on after my Grandma died a couple of years ago, but, I still managed to find a way, and I hope you will too, better than ever before. Also hoping your Internet situation improves soon, and you can come back to post here regularly again soon, because we miss you, yo!!!