Imaginationland - An adventure into the human mind via Captain Nameless

Discuss anything you want.
The Nameless Two

Imaginationland - An adventure into the human mind via Captain Nameless

Post by The Nameless Two » Sun May 24, 2020 4:43 am

Welcome to the multiverse, everyone, your mind is now free to transverse where you please. Congratulations!

WAIT! Be careful before you go in there - have you ever considered the morality of imagination? Are you using that shit responsibly? Have you ever blown up a planet in your mind? You naughty... that was a real planet! It was populated with a most impressive array of life! You could have taken that time and explored that planet, introduced yourself to that life, brought some light to it or something. Seriously, I truly worry about where your minds wander, and I'm not scaremongering. This is really happening.

Morality is an interesting thing. I mean, if someone told me to imagine the death of one million planets to save ours, I'll sit there and think our way out of the apocalypse. Ender's Game is an interesting book...

Oh lord, Nameless, quit the ego. It's not you who is destroying those planets. You aren't God. Imagination =/= creation. Oh, oh no, now you imagined yourself as a Super Saiyan and you just blasted another planet with a kamehameha. Now this is getting irresponsible. This is really happening! Quit doing that! Fucking powermongers I swear to god, can you please settle down and THINK about what you are doing?

*Breaths*

Meditation.

Explore peacefully, please, it's not all yours, if you want what's yours you must create it for yourself. Detach from the body, detach from the ego, become an observer, not a participant unless it's peaceful participation. Be empathetic towards these realities. Now your mind is a radio and you can tune into the frequencies of anything you possibly want to explore. You are not creating this, but you are inspiring it. Try, for my sake, to have the least impact as possible, just let the information come to you. It might be fuzzy at first but focus, it will come to you. Anything. It's not coming? Don't worry, keep working at it. It takes practice. Everything is a state of practice. If you need a picture in a comic to translate, do so, if you need numbers to indicate what colours need to be filled in, do so. Let someone guide you to simple and magical places, guided meditation is great. I spend an hour every day exploring my amethyst cave, golden light filling the room through a crack in the ceiling

Obscure has the idea in his mind that he wants to create a low budget, high profit script. There's no secret that all us aspiring filmmakers eyeball the magical horror movie that makes 1000% profit relative to it's production. So, how are you going to get there? Gear up, it's time to go exploring... into the universe of horror. Holy shit, are you ready to go there? Yikes, my best advice is turn around and never look back. Can you imagine? Really imagine? Do you want me to tell you what's all going on in there? I sincerely have to ask for your permission to "go there". Are you willing to subject yourself to pain, suffering, the absolute bleakest pit of the mind? Are you willing to subject people to that? What a responsibility. Turn back now.

Well? What say you? Does this sound like something you want to do? Wanna write a script? You think there is potential here? I scared you, didn't I? Boo, it's really happening. You wonder why I haven't done this yet, it's not that I'm... not. I just take this all so deadly serious that I can't even begin to describe how scared I am explaining all of this. It's not the first time I've woken a sleeping giant.

SUNBABIES. Curse you, Janson! This is actually all your fault. Hahaha :shifty:
The Nameless Two

Re: Imaginationland - An adventure into the human mind via Captain Nameless

Post by The Nameless Two » Sun May 24, 2020 4:00 pm

Given that the chances are that I'm talking to myself, I stayed awake most of the night imagining what exactly I can do with this project. I'm going to imagine meditation exercises regarding the creative process, maybe compile them in a book and sell it for a buck on Amazon. As much as I love the world of the occult, it expects a lot out of people and I feel like there are large bodies of information I could... downsize. First essay time

The Cost
So here is this lunatic suggesting that you spend your God granted time... thinking. Hard sell, surely the bounty of the infinite is not enough to strip you from your material world. There's simply too much going on: Wake up, shower, eat breakfast, go to work, go home, nap, make dinner, eat dinner, watch two hours worth of The Office (US remake) on Netflix, go to sleep, wash, rinse, repeat. On my days off I'm stuck in an anxious drought trying to keep up with the cleaning which has accumulated over the work week. There's no time! Time equals money! Money equals energy! We're busy vibrating frantically towards our paychecks! I'm going to die at some point! Ahhhhh!

The hard truth of the equation is that everything has a cost. You wanna strip yourself from that couch, it's gunna come at a cost. It's not binary, you didn't press the "get up" button resulting in a two frame animation going from sitting to standing. It takes effort! Effort is our stack of coins, constantly trading for what we're trying to achieve with ourselves and our physical form. We only have so many coins from day to day, they must be partitioned carefully. You have to do a lot of personal accounting in order to keep up. Even this explanation is too binary, divert from coins and think of your fuel gauge. In order to spend time thinking you may need to spend time eating first, thus spending time preparing food, thus spending time getting that food, "getting" requiring money and time. This shit is complicated, personal accounting is complicated, hell, you may have to account for yourself and the others in your house. If you want to be the boss of your company, a self-employed influence of society, an octopus draped over the globe of the world... it's going to take a mind around business and management. It might take a while before you can get to the fun stuff, that being a genuine stretch of time you can sit down and really suss this stuff out in your mind. There is a real, physical world to attend to, you are a real, physical being who requires upkeep. You have to keep track of your time, I'm a drummer because I believe in keeping a steady rhythm, and you can imagine what it took to get proficient at drumming. With practice you will find yourself with more time, it's amazing how willingly you are spending it. Think efficiently. Build a structure with your days. Invest in yourself. You are a business, balance the costs, make sure this is profiting for you and that takes some percentage play... no one's showing you the stock graphs so how do you possibly keep account for all of this? How do you know this is working?

You don't. This economy is a gamble. I'm putting my life on the line right now, and the odds are unaccountable that this will pay off. I don't have a crystal ball, I have no idea if this is going to work or not. I just have unimaginable amounts of faith in myself, and that's not something I can inspire in you. You have to be careful not to bet past your means, the cost can be dire. I'm risking it all right now with my fatigue, today should be my day off but here I am throwing it all on red. I'm now at that place where I'm finished my coffee, hunger is settling in, and I'm on the verge of anxiously wrapping this all up in effort to attend to myself. In fact, I'm going to do just that. I need to re-accumulate my stock in order to concoct and deliver my product, I have quality standards. I'm not going to do this unless I am sure you are getting the goods.
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Mon May 25, 2020 7:31 am

The Nameless One wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 4:43 am
SUNBABIES. Curse you, Janson! This is actually all your fault. Hahaha :shifty:
Funny you mentioned it.

I have been bouncing tracks with an friend online during the quarantine trying to make aural erotic music. "Sunlove" was a working title with a revolving Duran/Matmos organ, throbbing bass and several synchopated loops of Jacqueline Bisset orgasms.

There's unfortunately no possible way I can share these because, frankly, I'm not paying for these babies.
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Mon May 25, 2020 4:45 pm

The Prison

GUILTY as charged! The crime: You got tricked into doing evil's bidding. The sentence: All of your possessions accumulated up to this point are now mine, from the shelter built on the foundation of crushed bone to the clothes off your back woven together by youth. I'm going to throw you into a concrete chamber naked, every hour you get hosed for five minutes, afterwards we inject you with life sustaining serum and you will be kept alive for 1000000 years. There are cameras and microphones in each corner of the room, all of this is being documented. In the center of the room you will find a plastic spoon. That is your only means of escape. There are five meters worth of concrete standing between you and freedom, and when you break through I will unleash a pack of robotic dogs ten minutes after you start running. If you stop, they will retrieve you and it's back to square one. You will be placed in another cell with the same conditions, the same expectations. Personally, I don't think you are even going to scratch the surface before succumbing to this reality. I want to see your mind unravel like a cat picking away at a ball of yarn. I want your mind to dissolve into nothing, leaving nothing but the prison that is your body. A prison inside of a prison.

The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Tue May 26, 2020 12:43 am

The Puppeteer

Woah, you are already free from the prison? You must be well and truly innocent then. I sure wish you didn't just teleport through the wall and blow up my robot dogs with your mind's mind... but congratulations for cutting the strings of my logic. My suggestion is add little drama. Punch through the wall with explosive might and fight the robot dogs! Or, if you think you just a little bit guilty you can use a sledgehammer and break through that cement and fight the robot dogs with your personal strength, surely you can adjust the trial to your sensibilities. The stories I want to tell are bound to my reality. This needs to translate somehow so I do need to follow some rules less I find myself indulging on a power trip. Chances are you have already cut the strings of all of my logic and are off free to do as you please. I should be content with my work by this point, surely none of this needs to be taught so what exactly am I trying to do here? Am I trying to put you in a box? Am I trying to make you my puppet? Not really, not my intention, I'd much rather sit here and listen to what you all have to say about all of this but *hssss* this is my book! Back off! You are merely witness here!

Have you ever watched Kevin Smith's Dogma and thought to yourself "It sounds like every character is just taking turns reading Kevin Smith's dumb essay in his dumb voice."? It's amazing how badly he wants to be the voice of God in this equation. Read my script, peasants! You are all me! I am the creator!

Ugh. They aren't you! Develop your characters you lazy piece of shit, I see right through all of your nonsense. So how exactly does one develop a sense of dialog? How do you know the person you are talking to in your mind isn't possessed by you, resulting in you talking to yourself? This is pretty hard to communicate, I kinda decided to go off the deep end here as far as the practice is concerned. I'm just going to cut the strings and have faith that you know what you are doing in there.
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Tue May 26, 2020 6:25 pm

Aikido and the art of diffusing conflict

So here I am, tending to my crops, and all of a sudden the warning bells flare. What just darted past my eyes? I look up, three men are screaming down the hill, the sun clashing with the steel of their erected katana, there is no doubt that I cannot reason with this energy. If I do not act I will die, my family will follow. I open my eyes, I focus with the intensity of God, I make sure they know that I am judging them and that they know I will not hesitate. They are still coming so I open my mouth and shout at a mind shattering frequency, enough to scare any wild predator from ever considering me it's meal. They are still coming, the friction between us intensifies, the leader of the bandits takes point, katana raised, the center of my skull on his mind. The katana comes down, time slows down to a halt, and from there I begin to motion in a state of pure intimacy. I direct the energy of the blade, the downward force, to the side with my left hand, and seize the wrist with my right. The katana drops, I direct the energy of the body who wielded that deadly tool to the ground. There is still resistance, the conflict is not over, the other two bandits are motioning to intercept. The moment is now, it's life or death. No hesitation. I disable the joint of the elbow, the resulting scream from the bandit's mouth is enough to deliver the message that this conflict is over for now, that the risk of my limited bounty is not worth their current personal welfare. I go back to work and brace myself for a long night as the bandits could, at any point, enact their revenge. Perhaps news will spread that my family and I are not worth it, but I cannot afford assurance. Inhaling engagement and exhaling diffusion for the remainder of my time, I just do not have the means to attack the bandit camp. I am one, they are many. I do not want to trigger their rage, they might mobilize and destroy the village for they are legion. I must cultivate this conflict with a peaceful mind, direct the energy immediately in front of me, render it as small as possible. As small as an atom. Embrace the atom with all of my warmth, sooth it into a state of sleep. Now the atom is dreaming.
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Fri May 29, 2020 8:49 pm

Lone Wolf and Cub

Meifumado, the path of the demon. Make a choice, the ball or the sword. I only show the lower half of the white of my eyes, indicating that I see your God, that I will cut your God decisively. You think your army can take me? That your legion can triumph over my one? Hahaha! Have at thee, God, your comfort meets my discipline

Zatoichi

Hey, I'm just trying to feel my way around all of this. I will never be able to perceive the physical you, but I feel physically threatened. How dare you try to exploit my difference? Take advantage of what you perceive as weakness? I am the master of my difference, I am unique in my ability. I am the only one who can do what I do

Lady Snowblood

I will tear you apart for what you felt entitled to in me
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Fri May 29, 2020 9:25 pm

That's about all I can do with this. I have to manage the problems emerging in my environment, I'm going to study journalism carefully and inform the situation as it develops. No more metaphysical crap for me, I have to lend my hand and see what all ends up dragging me forward.
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:08 pm

Tarot

So, yesterday I went to Amazon, picked out a tarot deck (bestselling female author), and I supposed that tomorrow will be spent learning tarot. Then it's my weekend, two days of rest. Then I will hop on Twitch with my lucid understanding of the unknown and proceed to teach people entire tombs in a matter of a few draws of the cards. There are several ways how I want to run this business but the most important lesson is let me do my thing and I will let you do yours
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:14 pm

Satire

A good satire can really ruin a person, you know? Who is the one with the sharpest sword pointed at America's throat? The heritage?

Dutch
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:17 pm

Trick or treat

Now, what do you think I'm trying to do here? Fuck, I'm not trying to give myself MORE to do! I'm clearing out my attic here! It's dusty and full of bats! We have until 8:07 before I'm off to watch the sun set over Stonehenge on Facebook in celebration of summer solstice
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:22 pm

Niksen

A Dutch concept about "doing nothing". Every Sunday you must all practice nothing, I mean it, not a single nerve in your pinky finger must twitch. I'm warning you
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:40 pm

Nameless and the ethics of mind altering substances - by Kady Luhab

Everything begins and ends with the letter B. Whoops, onto the b-side of my most recent album. Drugs and how to use them

So, how do you use drugs? PROPERLY, DAMMIT. There is a thin line between "illegal" substances maintaining order and creating chaos. You know how it's all "good in the hood", right? Crack, coke, meth, heroin... it's all good. Well, managing addiction is fucking difficult, and we are not there yet! So, it's a matter of luck whether or not you get bitten by the substance you involve yourselves in, including ones which are commonly legally prescribed! My current structure involves coffee (holy basil, moringa, cacao, cinnamon, and gotu kola), high potency CBD oil, and magic mushroom micro-dosing capsules. I have a "Volcano", a miracle of German engineering, for any potential marijuana usage (which I am currently "not allowed to do" despite having a fair supply back from a time where I was "allowed to do whatever"). You can kinda guess the trap my parents laid out for me, haha, whatever. Worst comes to worst I get sent to an expensive and comfortable local rehab center under the pretense of smoking less than a gram of marijuana per week, ohhhh noooo! It's all of the other fuckers who you two should be worried about out there, because how do you properly facilitate a chaos agent who is all jacked up on crystal meth? You shatter the crystal within the mind, is how, you completely shatter the dream

This is NOT to say that said crystal cannot be repaired, but it will be fractured... distant memories of a phase so loaded with ability that you may never come down off the ledge it inspires. The thing you are all wondering, about me, is whether or not I have already lept. Motherfucker, I'm immortal, you think I haven't tried a million ways to kill myself? It's not just me who keeps backups of myself, my idea is very VERY fertile

On the other side, the far side, of addictive recovery there is another option. Taking the problem out, a messy, cruel, and unfortunately necessary in our current context unless we are provided with safer measures regarding rehabilitation. Too many people get infected with chaos and, as a result, die for a sin which is not inflected by them but upon them. I'm not smoking weed for the hell of it, I'm smoking weed because I am brain injured via the seven years of rugby I played in my developing life. I did not quit playing rugby out of want, but need, it would have destroyed me beyond reason if I kept up. Nowadays, that narrative has calmed down in favor of what I use to maintain personal efficiency

On the third side is overdose. I'm lucky in that I perpetuated an addiction within myself which I cannot overdose from. Too risky, I prefer the "risk" factor of tobacco where it's often a slow, painful burn... yeah, I quit cigarettes so none of that, but you can imagine the hell that people are putting themselves through and, seemingly, the only way to beat nicotine is A) the hospital environment, B) cold turkey, and C) overwhelming necessity. I have not come up with the cure for cancer, yet, so tobacco needs to be put on hold less we end up chasing our own tails trying to settle the nicotine edge

I'm a proponent of psychedelics, especially ones made readily available. I understood the risks and benefits long before I tried them, my first experience being magic mushrooms when I was 14. From there I've done LSD, peyote (Peruvian torch), and ketamine (a horse tranquilizer which produced very hallucinogenic effects), and MDMA (what was once known as ecstasy, also not necessary a hallucinogen but capable of creating hallucinogenic effects). Ketamine and MDMA are ripe for abuse so let's just stick to shrooms, LSD, and peyote

Mushrooms help a great deal with depression, anxiety, and your sense of empathy. You really feel connected to the world on them and through them. You must understand that I've spent the past five days on mushrooms, and, frankly, I'm doing fine. I got a very good sleep last night, wrapped in a ever shifting quilt of color

LSD is very logical, bound by strict patterns and geometry. Where mushrooms present a veil, LSD represents the molecular structure of said veil. So to see I've seen and studied the divine math of how all of this works is an understatement

Peyote. So, you want to be possessed by a giant Mexican dog named Mescalito? Cool. Just be warned, taking this stuff is not nice. You get a shit load of dried up cactus, blend it up into water, and drink that down... in about two hours you will throw up no matter what and that's when the trip starts. Then you are subjected to around three hours of psychedelic hell before Mesaclito really gets to know you and starts being curious. Then you will find yourself walking around your city at 3am wondering how you ever found yourself in this strange and wonderful place. You see a paper mache recreation of Cthulu on someone's lawn and laugh your head off. Then, it settles down into a sea of blue and you listen to Countdown to Ecstacy by Steely Dan with your best friend at the time

Now, don't you go doing what I did because there is an opponent to this whole idea, and it came in the form of my personal addiction - marijuana mixed with tobacco! Holy shit that almost took me down, a full blown immortal. If it were not for my recent, hellish Hospital stay I would have surely succumbed. I was in bad shape for years, and years. A decade, at least, 1/3rd of my preciously short lifespan. I'm still a child, how could you nearly snuff me out like that?? And, here's the thing, parents, it's not my fault! I did not make these choices for myself, you understand, right? I'm just trying to help through the thick of my brain damaged brain along with what's all expected out of me regarding my schooling and whatnot. I simply had to give up High School and barely graduate out of necessity of my complications with brain injury, I never had a choice in the matter! School is woefully unprepared when it comes to brain injury and this shit is STILL HAPPENING. Kids are still playing rugby, sports, things that give them developmental disabilities before they are rendered as legally disabled! What the fuck is going on here???

You get it, right? Who is more evil - sports or addiction? Or, are they two sides of the same coin? You get it, right?
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:42 pm

Infinite Jest

I figured out the joke before even finishing the first page
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:48 pm

What are you trying to maintain here!? Your heart or your testicles!?
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:54 pm

our heart or your testicles!?
The Nameless Two

Post by The Nameless Two » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:56 pm

Now you get the next joke. The heart symbol was originally upside down. It's a pair of testicles. What do halo players do after taking down an opponent. Tea bag! Deez nuts, fools!