Torgo

Re: Horrorcram XV: Let's Scare Corrierino To Death

Post by Torgo » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:44 pm

Last Great Movie Seen
The Irishman (Scorsese, 2019)
Rock

Post by Rock » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:34 pm

I don't know how "good" The Strangers: Prey at Night is, and characters do dumb things that will probably bug more discerning viewers than myself, but I was already on its side when "Kids in America" played over the opening credits, and the end results proved pleasingly stylish.
"We're outgunned and undermanned. But you know somethin'? We're gonna win. You know why? Superior attitude. Superior state of mind." - Mason Storm
____
Blog!
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:18 pm

Rock wrote:I don't know how "good" The Strangers: Prey at Night is, and characters do dumb things that will probably bug more discerning viewers than myself, but I was already on its side when "Kids in America" played over the opening credits, and the end results proved pleasingly stylish.
The pool scene saves the movie and it rides that high till the end. Everything before that, besides the soundtrack, was fairly terrible. The digital blood was especially bad.
Rock

Post by Rock » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:55 am

The pool scene is clearly the highlight, but I think terrible is too strong a word for what precedes it. I like how the movie distills its premise into its most barebones elements, and the visual approach gives it a slight nightmarish quality. I have low enough expectations for these things that a decent musical cue can win me over, but I found it pretty painless even before the third act.

As for movies that are more safely in actual "good" territory, Ouija: Origin of Evil I now realize is not the same movie as Annabelle: Creation, but it's pretty well acted and does the throwback spookytime shtick pretty effectively. (I think I've said before on here that I think horror movies are better now in general than they were 10-15 years ago because of these sensibilities now being in vogue.) I was surprised that the movie ended the way it did (I was expecting something more benign), and the end credits scene fooled me into thinking this was part of the extended universe of a different franchise (but with Lin Shaye stepping in for Samuel Jackson).
"We're outgunned and undermanned. But you know somethin'? We're gonna win. You know why? Superior attitude. Superior state of mind." - Mason Storm
____
Blog!
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:02 am

Rock wrote:The pool scene is clearly the highlight, but I think terrible is too strong a word for what precedes it. I like how the movie distills its premise into its most barebones elements, and the visual approach gives it a slight nightmarish quality. I have low enough expectations for these things that a decent musical cue can win me over, but I found it pretty painless even before the third act.

As for movies that are more safely in actual "good" territory, Ouija: Origin of Evil I now realize is not the same movie as Annabelle: Creation, but it's pretty well acted and does the throwback spookytime shtick pretty effectively. (I think I've said before on here that I think horror movies are better now in general than they were 10-15 years ago because of these sensibilities now being in vogue.) I was surprised that the movie ended the way it did (I was expecting something more benign), and the end credits scene fooled me into thinking this was part of the extended universe of a different franchise (but with Lin Shaye stepping in for Samuel Jackson).
I dunno, man. The way characters only died because they let the Strangers murder them as if they had no survival instinct was frustrating even as a consumer of slashers. Usually victims are caught off guard or are incompetent in self defense but doing nothing was just tedious.

Ouija: OoE is by Mike Flanagan, who has proven to be a horror filmmaker to look out for. His work on Oculus, Hush and Gerald's Game are awesome. His Haunting of Hill House ends poorly but it has some of the best moments he's made and overall is well worth watching.

Have you seen Annabelle: Crration? It's also a prequel much better than it's predecessor from a promising horror director.
DaMU

Post by DaMU » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:16 am

I'll co-sign the appraisal of Annabelle: Creation and Ouija: Origin of Evil.
NOTE:
The above-written is wholly and solely the perspective of DaMU and should not be taken as an effort to rile, malign, or diminish you, dummo.
Rock

Post by Rock » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:05 am

ThatDarnMKS wrote:Have you seen Annabelle: Crration? It's also a prequel much better than it's predecessor from a promising horror director.
I have not, but it's been on my radar. (Aspecially now that I know it's not the same movie as Ouija: Origin of Evil. So much for killing two birds with one stone.)

I almost enjoyed The Nun, so I'm open to more entries in the Waniverse.
____
Blog!
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:12 am

Rock wrote: I have not, but it's been on my radar. (Aspecially now that I know it's not the same movie as Ouija: Origin of Evil. So much for killing two birds with one stone.)

I almost enjoyed The Nun, so I'm open to more entries in the Waniverse.
I’ve not seen the Nun but I’ve never seen it referred to as superior to Annabelle: Creation so you have that going for ya!

I’ve been wanting to see the Nun for cheap or free but it just hasn’t popped up yet.
Rock

Post by Rock » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:30 am

Like, it's not good, but the performances are decent and the movie has some slight Bava vibes at the beginning (that it never follows through on). If someone threw their gently used Blu-ray out the window and it fell in your lap (assuming either they're driving and you're at home by or you're driving by and they're at home or you're both driving by each other), it might not be a terrible way to kill an afternoon.
____
Blog!
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:02 am

Rock wrote:Like, it's not good, but the performances are decent and the movie has some slight Bava vibes at the beginning (that it never follows through on). If someone threw their gently used Blu-ray out the window and it fell in your lap (assuming either they're driving and you're at home by or you're driving by and they're at home or you're both driving by each other), it might not be a terrible way to kill an afternoon.
The movie shops I frequent regularly have blu rays for $3-5. Would I regret buying it for such a price if I just wanted a pulpy horror fix and didn’t regret buying the first Annabelle for such a price?
Rock

Post by Rock » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:07 am

ThatDarnMKS wrote: The movie shops I frequent regularly have blu rays for $3-5. Would I regret buying it for such a price if I just wanted a pulpy horror fix and didn’t regret buying the first Annabelle for such a price?
You probably wouldn't it, but it might be better if someone threw those $3-5 in your lap while one or both of you were driving by each other.
____
Blog!
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:10 am

Rock wrote: You probably wouldn't it, but it might be better if someone threw those $3-5 in your lap while one or both of you were driving by each other.
Usually I’m in the passenger seat when that happens.
Prostitution joke!!!
Rock

Post by Rock » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:15 am

Gross!

I was thinking more along the lines of this:

____
Blog!
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:29 am

Rock wrote:Gross!

I was thinking more along the lines of this:

That’s one dollar. They only rarely have films for $1!!! That’s how I end up owning shit like Anofher Wolf Cop and Friend Request. I could only dream of getting the Nun for such a steal.
Torgo

Post by Torgo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:04 pm

Has anyone seen this gem from 1992? Is it as awesome as I imagine it to be?
Last Great Movie Seen
The Irishman (Scorsese, 2019)
Rock

Post by Rock » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:31 am

The smash sequel to Munchies? I guess this is like a reverse Alien/Aliens situation and the sequel is less action-oriented.
____
Blog!
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:07 am

Us isn't quite as good as I'd hoped as it falls for convention, offers an unsatisfying expo dump and has a few uneven performances but it's thematically fascinating, intricately foreshadowed and has some great craft on display. I want to watch it again.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:13 pm

ThatDarnMKS wrote:Us isn't quite as good as I'd hoped as it falls for convention, offers an unsatisfying expo dump and has a few uneven performances but it's thematically fascinating, intricately foreshadowed and has some great craft on display. I want to watch it again.
That's a drag, the reviews I've seen have been stellar and the media has anointed him this era's "Master Of Horror" based on this film, I was really hoping for a great one.
Deschain13

Post by Deschain13 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:00 pm

I’m seeing Us tonight. Not expecting it to be better than Get Out, just hoping for a solid horror movie.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:08 pm

Wooley wrote: That's a drag, the reviews I've seen have been stellar and the media has anointed him this era's "Master Of Horror" based on this film, I was really hoping for a great one.
I'm known for my disagreeable opinions but I just can't help but find a lot to love then think "but all that other shit doesn't make any sense"
Deschain13

Post by Deschain13 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:14 am

Deschain13 wrote:I’m seeing Us tonight. Not expecting it to be better than Get Out, just hoping for a solid horror movie.
Just got back from Us. That movie is way too much fun.
crumbsroom

Post by crumbsroom » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:22 am

Wooley wrote: That's a drag, the reviews I've seen have been stellar and the media has anointed him this era's "Master Of Horror" based on this film, I was really hoping for a great one.
Get Out is a really great movie, but I prefer to live in a world where one movie doesn't make anyone a Master of anything.

I have decent hopes for his new film, but that's as far as I am raising my expectations.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:32 pm

crumbsroom wrote:
Get Out is a really great movie, but I prefer to live in a world where one movie doesn't make anyone a Master of anything.

I have decent hopes for his new film, but that's as far as I am raising my expectations.
Well, I think they were saying Us, on the heels of Get Out. And that they were both so much better than most of the other horror right now.
crumbsroom

Post by crumbsroom » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:28 pm

Wooley wrote: Well, I think they were saying Us, on the heels of Get Out. And that they were both so much better than most of the other horror right now.
It's just that hyperbole hype train that critics always seem so eager to jump on. It's one of the many reasons I barely read any critics anymore. Like I've said many times, I'm much happier getting recs from places like this. I get the sense that as soon as someone is commissioned to write about films, they forget that criticism can be nearly as much of a nuanced art form as what they are criticizing. It just becomes horseshit desperately hoping to be quoted on movie posters.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:44 pm

Well, that’s awesome. It must be nice going to a wealthy school.
Deschain13

Post by Deschain13 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:13 pm

That’s so cool. Embarassed to say it got me a little emotional.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:56 am

ThatDarnMKS wrote:Us isn't quite as good as I'd hoped as it falls for convention, offers an unsatisfying expo dump and has a few uneven performances but it's thematically fascinating, intricately foreshadowed and has some great craft on display. I want to watch it again.
Yup, you pretty much nailed it. I thought all the performances were good, but otherwise, it actually sounds like you liked it more than I did. Despite great craft from a number of people, including Peele, the script is just not up to the rest of the film. The idea itself is (and I haven't quite decided which I think yet) either not well-realized or simply not that great an idea to begin with.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:59 am

Wooley wrote: Yup, you pretty much nailed it. I thought all the performances were good, but otherwise, it actually sounds like you liked it more than I did. Despite great craft from a number of people, including Peele, the script is just not up to the rest of the film. The idea itself is (and I haven't quite decided which I think yet) either not well-realized or simply not that great an idea to begin with.
I think he spent so much time planning clever foreshadowing and interesting themes that he forgot to think out any of the logistical questions that the plot creates that starts to render the entire thing hard to take half as seriously as it asks us.

And what the heck was up with Winston Duke? His delivery sounded like not only was his accent not originally American (he was a mixed cultural upbringing so it's hard to say for sure) but like English wasn't even his first language. It was just weird. Big fan of N'Yongo though.
Stu

Post by Stu » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:08 am

Wooley wrote: Yup, you pretty much nailed it. I thought all the performances were good, but otherwise, it actually sounds like you liked it more than I did. Despite great craft from a number of people, including Peele, the script is just not up to the rest of the film. The idea itself is (and I haven't quite decided which I think yet) either not well-realized or simply not that great an idea to begin with.
So did it not compare well to Get Out for you, then?
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:17 am

ThatDarnMKS wrote: I think he spent so much time planning clever foreshadowing and interesting themes that he forgot to think out any of the logistical questions that the plot creates that starts to render the entire thing hard to take half as seriously as it asks us.

And what the heck was up with Winston Duke? His delivery sounded like not only was his accent not originally American (he was a mixed cultural upbringing so it's hard to say for sure) but like English wasn't even his first language. It was just weird. Big fan of N'Yongo though.
Oh, I liked Duke. I mean, he wasn't given all that much to do, but I found him credible and enjoyable, didn't notice anything with his accent. N'yongo carried the movie, obv, which was her job.
Aside from that, yeah, I think you hit the nail pretty much on the head. It's like he had an idea and assumed it was gonna work out and made a movie and then it didn't work out.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:19 am

crumbsroom wrote:
It's just that hyperbole hype train that critics always seem so eager to jump on. It's one of the many reasons I barely read any critics anymore. Like I've said many times, I'm much happier getting recs from places like this. I get the sense that as soon as someone is commissioned to write about films, they forget that criticism can be nearly as much of a nuanced art form as what they are criticizing. It just becomes horseshit desperately hoping to be quoted on movie posters.
Well, before I saw the movie, I would probably have agreed with your assessment of the situation and hoped it wasn't right in this case, but we see now how it all played out for me.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:21 am

Stu wrote:So did it not compare well to Get Out for you, then?
Well, no, if I was gonna compare the two films, Get Out is much better, although you can see Peele moving with incredible ease as a filmmaker in this one, for sure.
Get Out, however is a much better story and the execution works out better because of it.
(It is probably worth mentioning that the two films don't actually have that much in common beside Peele, horror, and the skin-color of their main characters.)
I am hoping Peele has many more better stories to tell. And does not decide to craft a really good movie without actually telling a really good story again.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:29 am

Wooley wrote: Oh, I liked Duke. I mean, he wasn't given all that much to do, but I found him credible and enjoyable, didn't notice anything with his accent. N'yongo carried the movie, obv, which was her job.
Aside from that, yeah, I think you hit the nail pretty much on the head. It's like he had an idea and assumed it was gonna work out and made a movie and then it didn't work out.
Given that it has like a 98 percent positive rating and general responses seem very positive, I think it did work out, at least in the short term.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ultimately gets a Plinkett-esque nitpicking review about how none of it really makes sense... When ya think about it.

I think my love for nonsensical Italian horror keeps this from being too big a problem for me but it will make talk about how brilliant the script and ideas are a tad hard to stomach.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:37 am

ThatDarnMKS wrote: Given that it has like a 98 percent positive rating and general responses seem very positive, I think it did work out, at least in the short term.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ultimately gets a Plinkett-esque nitpicking review about how none of it really makes sense... When ya think about it.
Well, as crumbs alluded to somewhere, there can be critical groupthink based on expectations and I think that may have happened here.
What I mean is that the story didn't actually work out on-screen. It actually
takes an intentionally bizarre Shyamalanyan turn that is supposed to be rewarding for the audience but requires a sudden and thorough exposition dump to resolve (and not only resolve the "twist" but the entire movie), followed by a sort of second-climax which is the necessary physical battle and death of the antagonist, which was poorly executed in that it is essentially a "lucky blow" phenomenon, a brutally weak device, that resolves it.
It's bad storytelling in the midst of good filmmaking.
But overall, maybe a better way to put it would be that yes, you'd be nuts to call this a bad movie, so an aggregate score of more-positive-than-negative reviews should absolutely be VERY high. But a grade on the film should probably not get above 7.5, certainly no higher than 8.0 (and I think that would be either really generous or someone for whom the film just clicked personally).
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:49 am

Wooley wrote: Well, as crumbs alluded to somewhere, there can be critical groupthink based on expectations and I think that may have happened here.
What I mean is that the story didn't actually work out on-screen. It actually
takes an intentionally bizarre Shyamalanyan turn that is supposed to be rewarding for the audience but requires a sudden and thorough exposition dump to resolve (and not only resolve the "twist" but the entire movie), followed by a sort of second-climax which is the necessary physical battle and death of the antagonist, which was poorly executed in that it is essentially a "lucky blow" phenomenon, a brutally weak device, that resolves it.
It's bad storytelling in the midst of good filmmaking.
But overall, maybe a better way to put it would be that yes, you'd be nuts to call this a bad movie, so an aggregate score of more-positive-than-negative reviews should absolutely be VERY high. But a grade on the film should probably not get above 7.5, certainly no higher than 8.0 (and I think that would be either really generous or someone for whom the film just clicked personally).
I don't disagree with anything you're saying. I'm haunted with questions like:
- If she's the tethered, why didn't Red just leave forever ago?
-If the government made the tethered and the tunnels, then why didn't they lock them in?
-Why is everyone at the boardwalk in the hallway at the boardwalk? Do they pretend to drive home? Then how will they interact with tethered at the new location?
-Why was Red dancing in the tunnels if she's not the one the connection "tethered?" The connection can't reverse cannot?[
-Who is giving them these shirts, scissors and Michael Myers jumpsuits?
-How can they exist only eating rabbits?
-Why are the tethered able to kill their humans quite easily UNLESS they're the main characters?
-Why do the tethered only do the actions of their humans when it's convenient for the plot?
-Why not just make the explanation supernatural so no one would ask anything about the plausibility of this scenario?
There's more but these nag a lot.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:55 am

ThatDarnMKS wrote:
I don't disagree with anything you're saying. I'm haunted with questions like:
- If she's the tethered, why didn't Red just leave forever ago?
-If the government made the tethered and the tunnels, then why didn't they lock them in?
-Why is everyone at the boardwalk in the hallway at the boardwalk? Do they pretend to drive home? Then how will they interact with tethered at the new location?
-Why was Red dancing in the tunnels if she's not the one the connection "tethered?" The connection can't reverse cannot?[
-Who is giving them these shirts, scissors and Michael Myers jumpsuits?
-How can they exist only eating rabbits?
-Why are the tethered able to kill their humans quite easily UNLESS they're the main characters?
-Why do the tethered only do the actions of their humans when it's convenient for the plot?
-Why not just make the explanation supernatural so no one would ask anything about the plausibility of this scenario?
There's more but these nag a lot.
Yeah, all good questions, ones that were all, and as you say, more, asked in the parking lot after the film, and all come down to two simple words (or one hyphenated word?) : "half baked".

Also, heads-up, your spoiler tag failed.
ThatDarnMKS

Post by ThatDarnMKS » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:58 am

Fixed the spoiler tag. Mind editing your post to hide that failure and avoid ruining the movie for others? Bah humbug
Oxnard Montalvo

Post by Oxnard Montalvo » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:40 pm

awwwwesome. and according to this, we'll get to see a full video in May.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:22 pm

ThatDarnMKS wrote:Fixed the spoiler tag. Mind editing your post to hide that failure and avoid ruining the movie for others? Bah humbug
Whoops, for some reason I thought when you fixed yours it would automatically fix quoted versions of itself. Fixed.
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:26 pm

I'm going to write more about it in Thief's thread, but I just watched Liquid Sky and I'm wondering if anyone in here has seen it. I thought it was really interesting.
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:54 am

Takoma1 wrote:I just watched Liquid Sky and I'm wondering if anyone in here has seen it. I thought it was really interesting.
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:23 pm

I am home sick, and so I got a chance to watch Nina Forever.

This film has a tepid 5.6 rating on the IMDb, and having read some of the reviews, I actually feel like a lot of people were wanting something different from what the film is actually getting at.

The movie follows a young woman named Holly who becomes mildly obsessed with a man who works at the same supermarket. Rob, Holly's crush, lost his long-time girlfriend Nina in a car crash and half-heartedly attempted suicide on his motorcycle. Drawn to the tragic-romantic nature of Rob's story, Holly pursues him and the two begin dating. Unfortunately, whenever Rob and Holly have sex, Nina emerges (still bloody, crushed, and skewered by glass) to ruin the mood. Still infatuated with Rob, Holly is determined to help Rob find closure and make their relationship work.

I read a review that complained that there wasn't a good enough reason for Nina to be haunting Rob. That they were waiting to find out that Rob murdered Nina or something. But the film isn't about revenge. Instead it's about the impossibility of letting certain people go, and how some people become conspicuous in both their presence and their absence. When Holly decides to get rid of all of Nina's possessions, she's equally haunted by the empty shelves, or the discolored wood on a table where a planter used to be.

At its heart, the film showcases several unhealthy relationship dynamics. Yes, Rob is still hung up on Nina. But Holly is attracted to Rob more for his tragic backstory than for who he is. In fact, Rob is by design a pretty bland character--his dead girlfriend is the most notable thing about him. We also spend a lot of time with Nina's grieving parents, with whom Rob has an unhealthy relationship of co-dependence. Nina's mother can't stand to be with Nina's father anymore, "But I can't well leave him now, can I?" she says. Nina's father spends a lot of time in the garage, blasting music and writing a horrible novel.

There are certainly women who are drawn to "broken" men. The film is pretty blatant about this upfront as one of Holly's friends teases that the only reason she's with Rob is to "fix him." Holly is studying to be a paramedic (something we see her to actually be quite good at), but the more destructive version of this helpful impulse is to be drawn to someone like Rob purely because of his damage. The film never explains something that we see repeatedly: a 3-4 inch scar on Holly's lower back. What draws her to emergency and tragedy? We never totally find out, but the film adds enough depth to Holly (and acknowledges her lack of age/maturity) so that her actions are foolish but they don't make her unlikable.

I liked all of the performances, but especially Fiona O'Shaughnessy as Nina. Her physical performance (as a woman whose body is broken and floppy and yet at times capable of surprising strength) is both disturbing and funny. She delivers her dialogue with great timing, and makes a distinction between the disdain she feels for Rob (dating someone much younger) and for Holly (who confidently assumes she can replace Nina).

This one just became available on Amazon Prime and I would highly recommend it.
kgaard.

Post by kgaard. » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:35 pm

ThatDarnMKS wrote: Well, that’s awesome. It must be nice going to a wealthy school.
North Bergen High isn't wealthy, though; it's mostly working to middle class. According to the article the costumes and sets were made out of recycled materials, so hats off to those kids, I can barely scotch tape two pieces of paper together.
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:40 pm

Also, regarding Nina Forever, a lot of its imagery echoes very strongly with images from the Hellraiser series, and when a bloody Nina leaned over the girl in bed and said, "Jesus wept!" I appreciated the nod.
Captain Terror

Post by Captain Terror » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:46 pm

I remember having written something about Nina Forever but I can't find it so I guess that was the RT days. I seem to recall thinking highly of it, but I gave it 3 stars which suggests otherwise. Hmmm. Now that it's streaming I might check it out again.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:23 pm

Takoma1 wrote:Also, regarding Nina Forever, a lot of its imagery echoes very strongly with images from the Hellraiser series, and when a bloody Nina leaned over the girl in bed and said, "Jesus wept!" I appreciated the nod.
Sold.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:52 pm

Toni Colette's non-nomination for Hereditary pretty much de-valued the whole year for me.
I remember leaving that theater thinking, "Holy shit, a horror movie is going to WIN Best Actress this year and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it."
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:58 pm

Have some self respect, Stu. They don't want us.