Films i Saw Last Month From Crappiest to Greatest

Discuss anything you want.
Rumpled

Re: Films i Saw Last Month From Crappiest to Greatest

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:18 pm

68th
The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb
(1964)

When European Egyptologists Dubois, Giles and Bray discover the tomb of the Egyptian prince Ra, American entrepreneur and investor Alexander King insists on shipping the treasures and sarcophagus back to England for tour and display. Once there, someone with murderous intent has discovered the means of waking the centuries dead prince...
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfWe4ehqsWc&t=96s

Dickie Owen, who plays the Mummy, also appears (uncredited) as Hashmi Bey's thuggish landlord, in a scene with Marianne Stone. - Trivia
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:24 pm

67th
Destroyer
(2018)

Destroyer follows the moral and existential odyssey of LAPD detective Erin Bell who, as a young cop, was placed undercover with a gang in the California desert with tragic results. When the leader of that gang re-emerges many years later, she must work her way back through the remaining members and into her own history with them to finally reckon with the demons that destroyed her past.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g-j4wuEOPo

Nicole Kidman stated that she got the flu during filming, but powered through and tried to use it in her performance. For the final scene in the movie with her character's daughter, Kidman said she was so sick while filming she could "barely stand." - Trivia
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:30 pm

66th
Extraordinary Tales
(2013)

Christopher Lee, Bela Lugosi, Guillermo del Toro, Roger Corman and Julian Sands narrate the Edgar Allan Poe stories "The Tell-Tale Heart," "The Pit and the Pendulum," "The Fall of the House of Usher," "The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar" and "The Masque of the Red Death."
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4IDwG_FMpM

Captain Terror :up:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:40 pm

Apex Predator wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:35 pm

Betsy's Wedding was the first time I noticed a character quirk: you never hear LaPaglia's character use a contraction. Not even once. ;)
Was he pregnant? :shock:
Captain Terror

Post by Captain Terror » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:00 am

Rumpled wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:24 pm
Destroyer(2018)
The movie wasn't bad, but I found Kidman's makeup distracting. I was constantly aware that it was a pretty lady pretending to be haggard.
Rumpled wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:24 pm
Extraordinary Tales
:up: My favorite segment was "Masque"
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:45 am

Captain Terror wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:00 am
The movie wasn't bad, but I found Kidman's makeup distracting. I was constantly aware that it was a pretty lady pretending to be haggard.

:up: My favorite segment was "Masque"
My fave seg too, and i think kidman had an oscar in mind there ;)
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:53 pm

Rumpled wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:57 pm
77th
Spiderhole
(2010)

Molly, together with her three art student friends, embark upon a mission to find an empty house in London, with the view to the living as squatters, free from rent, and free to party. Having found the ideal squat, they break in and go about the merry business of dressing the stark interior to reflect their artistic selves. Darkness pervades their new dwelling place, a darkness through which they discover the full implications of their intrepid choice. A nightmare unfolds that traps the viewer and protagonists alike in a terrifying and unforgiving new reality. Who or what is orchestrating their bloody demise and why? The house appeared to be empty and yet a malevolent force is clearly at work.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nTMR9cC9sc

The second of two "English Students squatting in a abandoned house with sinister consequences" movies this month :shifty:
I've thought about watching this. Is it worth my time? 6/10 puts me very on the fence.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:56 pm

Rumpled wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:29 pm
74th
Us
(2019)

In order to get away from their busy lives, the Wilson family takes a vacation to Santa Cruz, California with the plan of spending time with their friends, the Tyler family. On a day at the beach, their young son Jason almost wanders off, causing his mother Adelaide to become protective of her family. That night, four mysterious people break into Adelaide's childhood home where they're staying. The family is shocked to find out that the intruders look like them, only with grotesque appearances.
6/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tzFRIQfwXg

It felt a lot like The Strangers but with a really insane plot?
This movie disappoints me more and more the more I think about it.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:59 pm

Rumpled wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:30 pm
66th
Extraordinary Tales
(2013)

Christopher Lee, Bela Lugosi, Guillermo del Toro, Roger Corman and Julian Sands narrate the Edgar Allan Poe stories "The Tell-Tale Heart," "The Pit and the Pendulum," "The Fall of the House of Usher," "The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar" and "The Masque of the Red Death."
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4IDwG_FMpM

Captain Terror :up:
I've been meaning to watch this for years.
Apex Predator

Post by Apex Predator » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:14 pm

Rumpled wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:40 pm
Was he pregnant? :shock:
Oh no. He just spoke extra properly, not using can't, won't, shouldn't, etc. 8-)

I'd give Extraordinary Tales a C- or so. The narration is fine, the animation is hit or miss, and the segment between stories was bad.

If you're a fan of Poe, check it out but keep your expectations in check.

So Highwayman is worth a recommendation? I've been burned on some Netflix originals of late and hoping to find a good movie from them...
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:33 pm

Wooley wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:53 pm
I've thought about watching this. Is it worth my time? 6/10 puts me very on the fence.
Meh.. watch extraordinary tales instead ;)
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:36 pm

Apex Predator wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:14 pm

So Highwayman is worth a recommendation? I've been burned on some Netflix originals of late and hoping to find a good movie from them...
It's good and watch netflixes whatever happened to monday as well :up:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:00 pm

65th
The Onion Movie
(2008)

We watch the Onion News, America's Finest News Source, with Dana Dobbs, Senior Correspondent Kip Kendall, and award-winning anchor Norm Archer. In addition to watching the news, we see the program's commercials, some commentary on the film as it proceeds, and we watch some terrorists in training. Behind the scenes, Onion News's corporate owner, Global Tetrahedron, seeks synergy by promoting its other products within Norm's news broadcast. Norm doesn't like it, especially when a toy penguin (think Energizer Bunny) waddles across his desk promoting a Global Tetrahedron film starring Steven Seagal. But Norm may end up needing Steven's help.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOUORYAPds0

The Britney spoof is hilarious :D
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:10 pm

64th
The Ghost of Sierra de Cobre
(1964)

Terrified of being buried alive by mistake, a woman puts a phone in her crypt to be able to call home if she needs help. She dies and nothing happens. One day, the phone suddenly rings. Paranormal investigator Nelson Orion is brought in.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu7TsYBTOZ4

Cap and Wooley :up:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:17 pm

63rd
Death Clique
(2014)

Inspired by true events, a friendship rivalry between three high school girls escalates into a shocking act of violence, and soon one of them is dead. Now the dead girl's mom is determined to find her missing child... and get justice for her daughter.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU4wyXVSl7k

A most traumatizing made for TV movie and a true story too :shock:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:23 pm

62nd
Wave of Crimes
(2018)

Leyre is a forty-something woman who lives in Bilbao, Basque Country (north to Spain) that tries to open a cupcakes shop. Divorced of Cosme, a corrupt CEO who is married in second terms with Vanesa, her attempt to build a life for herself and her teen son Asier turns upside-down after to realize that the absent-minded Asier killed his father during a Cosme's visit when he started to despise openly his son. Trying to save Asier to going the jail, Leyre hides the corpse in Cosme's car and suggested by Asier, goes to a bar implying a taxi driver in a fake scene of harassment to pay attention and having an alibi. But Vanesa and her corrupt lawyer Susana start the searching of Cosme and specially of his cell phone, which it contains enough evidences to reveal an entire web of nefarious business implying other important Bilbao's CEOs.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Buzo8PPMpH8
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:31 pm

61st
Thugs of Hindostan
(2018)

The menacing John Clive has the Indians clenched in his fist. Leading to a revolution by the righteous Azaad (Amitabh Bachchan) Captain James Powell, Clive's second in command contracts the sly thug Firangi (Aamir Khan) to get them Azaad. As destined he finds himself amid Azaad, his rebels and the beautiful warrior Zafira (Fatima Sana Shaikh). Will he forgo his selfish desire for nation's freedom?
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI-Pux4uaqM

There are no opening credits - Trivia
Captain Terror

Post by Captain Terror » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:37 pm

Rumpled wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:10 pm

The Ghost of Sierra de Cobre (1964)

Cap and Wooley :up:
Oooh... Never heard of that one. Watchlisted! :up:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:39 pm

60th
Escape Room
(2019)

Six strangers are given mysterious black boxes with tickets to an immersive escape room for a chance to win tons of money. Being locked in several rooms with extreme conditions, they discover the secrets behind the escape room and must fight to survive and to find a way out.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dSKUoV0SNI

After the death of five Polish teenagers, killed by fire in a real-life tragedy which occurred within an escape room in Poland, the release date of the film was pushed back a few months in a number of countries out of respect for the girls who died. - Trivia :shock:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:44 pm

59th
Remote Control
(1988)

A video store clerk stumbles onto an alien plot to take over earth by brainwashing people with a bad '50s science fiction movie. He and his friends race to stop the aliens before the tapes can be distributed world-wide and their only weapon is a special remote control.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtyfV1VkZhc

Goofy goodness ;)

D.P. :up:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:46 pm

Warning: May contain eighties fashion :P

Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:50 pm

58th
Roxanne Roxanne
(2017)

In the late 80s/ early 1990s, the most feared battle MC in Queens, New York, was a fierce teenage girl with the weight of the world on her shoulders. At the age of 14, Lolita "Roxanne Shanté" Gooden was well on her way to becoming a hip-hop legend as she hustled to provide for her family while defending herself from the dangers of the streets of the Queensbridge Projects in NYC.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKA8H_LolNM

I know the words to "Bite This" off by heart (even though they never played it in the movie) :?
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:59 pm

57th
Atlantis End of the World, Birth of a Legend
(2011)

The legend of Atlantis is a story for the ages. A thriving civilisation wiped off the face of the earth by a devastating natural disaster, but this story has roots in the real world. This docudrama details the eruption of Santorini, the biggest disaster in the ancient world, which annihilated the prehistoric Minoan people.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV9BVTi8t9U&t=6s
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:04 pm

56th
Never Grow Old
(2019)

Debauchery. Greed. Murder. Welcome to Garlow. The once-peaceful frontier town is now a den of vice after vicious outlaw Dutch Albert (John Cusack) and his gang arrived and began gunning down their opposition. Undertaker Patrick Tate (Emile Hirsch) must choose between the blood money he makes burying the murderers' victims and the threats he and his family face in this intense and gritty western.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIDpnUWcFTo

It's not Jack Black
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:12 pm

55th
Neurotic Quest for Serenity
(2017)

Kika K is a successful star with millions of fans, but behind the scenes, she is in personal and professional crisis: she has to deal with an obsessive fan, a boyfriend with no concept, professional appointments scheduled by the businesswoman and her obsessive-compulsive disorder.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6E2nT2LQTw&t=44s
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:20 pm

54th
Animas
(2018)

Jacques, a great reporter for a French newspaper, receives a call from the Vatican that sends him to southern France, where an 18-year-old girl claims to have seen the Virgin Mary. The rumor spread so quickly that thousands of pilgrims flock to this small city. Jacques, who knows nothing about this world, agrees to join the commission of inquiry to study this case.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqLL6Vd7Sv0

In the hospital scene, after Abraham's dad has been hit by a car, a child can be seen in the background dressed like Freddy Krueger; they're also seen in a very quick close up during the flashback at the end of the film. There are some tentative similarities between the dream worlds in both films, and the horrors that can be found within them. - Trivia
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:29 pm

53rd
Blind Date
(1987)

Walter Davis is a workaholic. His attention is all to his work and very little to his personal life or appearance. Now he needs a date to take to his company's business dinner with a new important Japanese client. His brother sets him up with his wife's cousin Nadia, who is new in town and wants to socialize, but he was warned that if she gets drunk, she loses control and becomes wild. How will the date turn out - especially when they encounter Nadia's ex-boyfriend David?
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqoq2E7Muw0

Bruce Willis' character's first name in this movie is Walter. Walter is also Bruce Willis' actual first name, Bruce being his middle name. - Trivia :P
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:34 pm

52nd
All I Wanna Do
(1998)

If there's one thing this wild group of friends at an all-girls high school has learned, it's how to get what they want! So when word leaks out that their school is about to merge with an all-boys academy, some of the students strike back... devising a hilarious scheme to sabotage the plan get ready for a sidesplitting lesson in laughter, as the girls wage an all-out assault in an outrageous battle of the sexes!
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWZ-NsM5okY

Reaction Gif Time...

Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:40 pm

51st
It's a Boy Girl Thing
(2006)

The next door neighbors Nell Bedworth and Woody Deane have opposite behaviors and hate each other: the virgin geek Nell is polite, sensitive and well-prepared to go to Yale, while Woody is rude and his greatest expectation is to join a mediocre university due to his abilities playing football. When Nell and Woody are assigned to visit a museum together, they argue in front of a statue of an Aztec god. During the night, their souls swap bodies, bringing difficult situations to them. They first try to damage each other's reputation in high school, but soon they discover that their dream of joining college can only happen with mutual respect and support.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wnYAoqVBnI&t=42s

Produced by Elton John and stars Sharon Osbourne :)
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:50 pm

50th
While She Was Out
(2008)

Della Myers is an overwhelmed upper-middle-class housewife who lives in a large house in the suburbs with her twin children and her abusive husband, Kenneth. Kenneth lets Della know that he thinks she gives all her attention to the twins and neglects her house and her appearance. Late on Christmas Eve, Della drives to the local mall to buy gift-wrap. While searching for a parking space in the jam-packed lot, Della notices an old car taking up two spaces. Frustrated and annoyed, she decides to leave a paper message on the windshield of the old car, writing, "Hey, Jerk. Two parking spaces. How selfish can you be?" After the mall closes, Della's car is held by the driver of the old car and she is threatened by four punks -- Chuckie, Huey, Vingh, and Tomás. When the security guard of the mall attempts to protect Della, he is shot and killed by Chuckie. Della tries to escape from the criminals in her truck, but the gang chases her. In the chase, she crashes in a nearby forest.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfAUVFO5560

One of those wonderful weird ones, soccermom kim basinger picks off a gang of punks with an array of tools from her trusty tool box :P
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:58 pm

49th
Trash Fire
(2016)

The obnoxious, cynical and sarcastic web designer Owen lives with his girlfriend Isabelle. Owen has analysis with his psychiatrist Florence since he feels guilty for the fire that killed his parents and deformed his sister Pearl. When Isabelle discloses that she is pregnant, she asks Owen to make up with his only family composed by his estranged grandmother Violet and Pearl. Owen warns Isabelle that Violet is a nasty woman, but they travel to his hometown. They learn that Violet is a despicable woman that keeps Beatrice locked in her room. Isabelle realizes that Owen has told the truth about Violet, but they stay for a couple of days more because of Pearl with tragic consequences.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfoujIXCMzc&t=64s

Reaction Gif time...

Grandma approves :shock:

Quite a fucked up movie ...

Crumbsroom :up:
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:17 am

Rumpled wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:40 pm
51st
It's a Boy Girl Thing
(2006)

The next door neighbors Nell Bedworth and Woody Deane have opposite behaviors and hate each other: the virgin geek Nell is polite, sensitive and well-prepared to go to Yale, while Woody is rude and his greatest expectation is to join a mediocre university due to his abilities playing football. When Nell and Woody are assigned to visit a museum together, they argue in front of a statue of an Aztec god. During the night, their souls swap bodies, bringing difficult situations to them. They first try to damage each other's reputation in high school, but soon they discover that their dream of joining college can only happen with mutual respect and support.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wnYAoqVBnI&t=42s

Produced by Elton John and stars Sharon Osbourne :)
I quite liked this one as well.
Rumpled wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:50 pm
50th
While She Was Out
(2008)

One of those wonderful weird ones, soccermom kim basinger picks off a gang of punks with an array of tools from her trusty tool box :P
I watched this one years ago, but my main memory is that the actors were good (specifically Basinger and Haas), but that the writing was kind of iffy. I also thought that the final scene between Basinger and Haas didn't feel quite right.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:48 am

Captain Terror wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:37 pm
Oooh... Never heard of that one. Watchlisted! :up:
I'm on it too!
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:49 am

Rumpled wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:44 pm
59th
Remote Control
(1988)

A video store clerk stumbles onto an alien plot to take over earth by brainwashing people with a bad '50s science fiction movie. He and his friends race to stop the aliens before the tapes can be distributed world-wide and their only weapon is a special remote control.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtyfV1VkZhc

Goofy goodness ;)

D.P. :up:
I saw this. It's been a LONG time, but I saw this.
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:12 am

Takoma1 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:17 am

I watched this one years ago, but my main memory is that the actors were good (specifically Basinger and Haas), but that the writing was kind of iffy. I also thought that the final scene between Basinger and Haas didn't feel quite right.
Probably when she
used her feminine charms as a last resort to trick him
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:21 am

48th
The Groove Tube
(1974)

Channel One was a New York-based comedy group which presented short satirical sketches concerning television. What set this group apart was that they performed in front of genuine TV cameras. Many of the best, and most censurable, Channel One sketches are included in this feature-length film.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkG6HMPBJoo

Some crappy skits but also some great ones like the pic above

Crumbsroom :up:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:28 am

47th
Le Manoir
(2017)

A band of students comes to celebrate the New Year in an old manor house isolated from everything. But soon after their arrival, strange events disrupt the atmosphere, before the party turns squarely to the nightmare.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME_vxenlMzM
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:35 am

46th
The Mimic
(2017)

A classic Korean ghost story gets a horrifying new spin in THE MIMIC, as the mother of a missing child takes in a lost girl she finds in the woods and soon begins to wonder if she is even human.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6p-XXamvAU

Silly having a half human/Tiger ghost but never-the-less creepy stuff :shock:
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:39 am

45th
Deja Vu
(2006)

In the wake of a devastating terrorist attack on a slow New Orleans ferry, the A.T.F. special agent, Doug Carlin, joins an experimental top-secret government program to find the bomber. Designed to bend the very fabric of time, this state-of-the-art technology enables the user to observe a detailed representation of what happened four days and six hours in the past, tracking the target's every move prior to the attack. However, the man responsible for the deadly explosion is bound to strike again. Can Carlin figure out who he is, when he is always precisely four days behind?
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxdS8TP37I4

Near the end of the car chase, Doug originally said "Jesus" after first seeing Oerstadt's face. This caused the audience at the first preview screening to erupt into laughter, as Jim Caviezel, who played Oerstadt, is famous for playing Jesus in The Passion of the Christ (2004). This unintentional reference had gone overlooked by director Tony Scott; he had the line removed from the film before its release. - Trivia :x Boooooo
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:46 am

44th
Bad Girls From Valley High
(2005)

Danielle is the leader of a clique of arrogant, mean high school girls; she and her rich friends Tiffany and Brooke care only about their pampered selves (although Brooke has periodic misgivings). No one really hangs out with them except a dumb jock named Gavin, and the class nerd Jonathan, and poor Danielle is getting nowhere with the popular guy Drew, even after she and friends accidentally killed his last girlfriend. It's been a year, and Drew still ignores her - but he doesn't ignore the new foreign exchange student Katarina. Since Katarina can't take a hint, Danielle begins plotting her downfall. But there's a slight problem: Danielle and her friends begin experiencing a level of high weirdness in which all three of them rapidly age. This serves to make Danielle more desperate than ever. She'll sacrifice anything, even Drew, to get her youth and looks back.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPF2sDaVrTw&t=21s

Critics bashed it but i like my bitchy high school ones

Lookout for a nerdy Aaron Paul

Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:56 am

43rd
Road Games
(1981)

Pat Quid is driving a semi across Australia. On the way he encounters various other travellers and the occasional hitchhikers repeatedly as they're traveling the same road. A favorite pastime of Pat is to play games to pass the time on the journey (such as to make up backgrounds of the other people on the road). Pamela is one hitchhiker he picks up. But when she disappears, he suspects that the driver of a van who has been acting a little strange (Smith or Jones), may be the serial killer mentioned on the radio. But his pursuit of the van driver brings him to the attention of the police, who begin to suspect him.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txVhlNWj8QU

Jamie Lee Curtis said she felt a certain amount of hostility and prejudice while on set, being one of the two "token Americans". One of the crew members even approached her and asked, "What is it like putting Australians out of work?" - Trivia
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:04 am

42nd
He's Just Not That Into You
(2009)

The needy Gigi Haim is a young woman seeking her prince charming somewhere amongst her unsuccessful dates. After dating estate agent Conor Barry, Gigi anxiously expects to receive a phone call from him. However Conor never calls her. Gigi decides to go to the bar where he frequents to see him, but she meets his friend Alex who works there. They become friends and Alex helps Gigi to interpret the subtle signs given out by her dates.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVlqVHKn2dg

Despite the plethora of hotties on board i liked the pixie like (snow white) actress above the most ;)
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:18 am

41st
The Perfection
(2018)

When troubled musical prodigy Charlotte (Allison Williams) seeks out Elizabeth (Logan Browning), the new star pupil of her former school, the encounter sends both musicians down a sinister path with shocking consequences.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q57D6kF5B1k

Anyone else thought they de-aged jennifer connelly?

Takoma :up: Just kidding i know your not a fan :P
Captain Terror

Post by Captain Terror » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:02 pm

Rumpled wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:39 am
Deja Vu (2006)

a devastating terrorist attack on a slow New Orleans ferry
LOL, so they killed the 5 people and one dog that still use the ferry? Way to send a message, terrorist!
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:34 pm

Rumpled wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:56 am
43rd
Road Games
(1981)

Pat Quid is driving a semi across Australia. On the way he encounters various other travellers and the occasional hitchhikers repeatedly as they're traveling the same road. A favorite pastime of Pat is to play games to pass the time on the journey (such as to make up backgrounds of the other people on the road). Pamela is one hitchhiker he picks up. But when she disappears, he suspects that the driver of a van who has been acting a little strange (Smith or Jones), may be the serial killer mentioned on the radio. But his pursuit of the van driver brings him to the attention of the police, who begin to suspect him.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txVhlNWj8QU

Jamie Lee Curtis said she felt a certain amount of hostility and prejudice while on set, being one of the two "token Americans". One of the crew members even approached her and asked, "What is it like putting Australians out of work?" - Trivia
Wow. I saw this 30 years ago also. You are diggin' through my youth memory-files here.
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:35 pm

Rumpled wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:04 am
42nd
He's Just Not That Into You
(2009)

The needy Gigi Haim is a young woman seeking her prince charming somewhere amongst her unsuccessful dates. After dating estate agent Conor Barry, Gigi anxiously expects to receive a phone call from him. However Conor never calls her. Gigi decides to go to the bar where he frequents to see him, but she meets his friend Alex who works there. They become friends and Alex helps Gigi to interpret the subtle signs given out by her dates.
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVlqVHKn2dg

Despite the plethora of hotties on board i liked the pixie like (snow white) actress above the most :?
Are you a manic-pixie-dreamgirl victim, too?
Wooley

Post by Wooley » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:37 pm

Captain Terror wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:02 pm
LOL, so they killed the 5 people and one dog that still use the ferry? Way to send a message, terrorist!
I used to take that ferry over to Algiers on Wednesday nights to see George Porter, Johnny Vidacovich, and Anders Osbourne at The Old Point Bar and then get a cab back across the river.
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:37 pm

Rumpled wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:21 am
48th
The Groove Tube
(1974)

Some crappy skits but also some great ones like the pic above
Thank you for not posting the scrote-puppet.
Takoma1

Post by Takoma1 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:10 pm

Rumpled wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:12 am
Probably when she
used her feminine charms as a last resort to trick him
Yeah. It makes sense as something she would try, but
they didn't write his character in a way that makes it at all likely that he would believe her.
Apex Predator

Post by Apex Predator » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:15 pm

Rumpled wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:29 pm
53rd
Blind Date
(1987)

Walter Davis is a workaholic. His attention is all to his work and very little to his personal life or appearance. Now he needs a date to take to his company's business dinner with a new important Japanese client. His brother sets him up with his wife's cousin Nadia, who is new in town and wants to socialize, but he was warned that if she gets drunk, she loses control and becomes wild. How will the date turn out - especially when they encounter Nadia's ex-boyfriend David?
7/10
Trailer = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqoq2E7Muw0

Bruce Willis' character's first name in this movie is Walter. Walter is also Bruce Willis' actual first name, Bruce being his middle name. - Trivia :P
This would have been my rating when I first saw this. But the problematic elements in the plot would lower it a good deal now. :(