What have you been listening to, recently?

Discuss anything you want.
crumbsroom

Re: What have you been listening to, recently?

Post by crumbsroom » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:53 pm

Torgo wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:00 pm
David Bowie's Blackstar is wonderful. I'd been putting off listening to it for obvious reasons, and while it was hard to get through as a result, I'm glad I did. Besides this album, Queen's Innuendo and J Dilla's Donuts, are there any other memorable albumls involving the musician(s) facing their mortality?
Leonard Cohen's 'You Want It Darker'

Skip Spence's "Oar" isn't one but sounds like it should be
Torgo

Post by Torgo » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:26 pm

Anyone who is interested in the history of music show read this thread:
Last Great Movie Seen
Foreign Correspondent (Hitchcock, 1940)
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:36 pm

Torgo wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:00 pm
are there any other memorable albums involving the musician(s) facing their mortality?
Warren Zevon's My Ride's Here/The Wind. George Harrison's Brainwashed. And I will always believe that this was the crux behind Dylan's John Wesley Harding, however mythical his bike accident or not.
Torgo

Post by Torgo » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:44 pm

If there's a stranger music video, I'd like to see it:

Last Great Movie Seen
The Nameless One

Post by The Nameless One » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:52 pm

Torgo wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:44 pm
Reminds me of Dan Deacon, neat stuff

By the by Dan Deacon just released a new album, it's what I've been listening to recently
Bandy Greensacks

Post by Bandy Greensacks » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:26 pm

Torgo wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:44 pm
I don't know that it's stranger, but:
Rump

Post by Rump » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:57 pm

Ennio Morricone - The Complete Edition - 15 box set

This may take some time :shock:
crumbsroom

Post by crumbsroom » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:31 am

Rump wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:57 pm
Ennio Morricone - The Complete Edition - 15 box set

This may take some time :shock:
I briefly had it in my mind that I would buy every Morricone soundtrack I could find, but they just kept popping up and were always expensive so that was a short lived project.

Ended up with:

The Great Silence
The Iron Prefect
The Humanoid
Almost Human
Violent City
Teorema
Bird With the Crystal Plumage
The Master Touch
Space: 1999

and a basic compilation with the obvious stuff
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:46 am

Going through the new deluxe Elektra reissues of Stereolab, and I've found something relevatory in the demos for what I'd usually consider a minor effort, Sound Dust. These early takes are spare and delicate, and they're better representations of Sadier and Hanson's harmonic beauty. Part of the criticism of later Stereolab is their tendency to really pile on the synthetic goop and loops and sometimes bury some lovely songs in lattices of digital dross. That's probably why I tend to prefer the relatively minimalistic stuff like "Velvet Water" or "Black Arts". It's nice to embrace what could have been a more placid Stereolab LP.

Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:24 pm

After spending the last couple of weeks in a Stereolab stew of sweet fuzz and nostalgia, my overview hasn't changed radically, but subtley enough. Fans of their later cut/paste swish can fight me.

Switched On Stereolab - 9
Peng!/Lo-Fi - 9
The Groop Played Space Age Bachelor Pad Music - 7
Transient Random Noise Bursts with Announcements - 10
Refried Ectoplasm - 10
Mars Audiac Quintet - 8
Music For the Amorphous Body Center - 8
Emperor Tomato Ketchup - 10
Flourescences - 6
Dots And Loops - 7
Aluminum Tunes - 8
Cobra and Phases Groop Play Voltage in the Milky Night - 9
Future of the Microbe Hunters - 7
Sound Dust - 8
Margerine Eclipse - 7
Fab Four Suture - 5
Chemical Chords - 6
----
ABC Music (BBC) - 9
Oscillons From The Anti-Sun (EPs) - 10
Not Music (etc) - 8
Torgo

Post by Torgo » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:43 pm

Good scores, but I'd give Dots and Loops a higher one. It was the first Stereolab album I listened to, so there may some "introduction bias" (if such a thing exists), but I think it's on par with my other favorite, Emperor Tomato Ketchup.
Last Great Movie Seen
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:18 am

Torgo wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:43 pm
Good scores, but I'd give Dots and Loops a higher one. It was the first Stereolab album I listened to, so there may some "introduction bias" (if such a thing exists), but I think it's on par with my other favorite, Emperor Tomato Ketchup.
I may have introduction bias as well, but I still prefer the earlier focus on kosmische, drone and trance tones, like My Bloody Valentine if someone had (mostly) switched their guitars with a palette of fuzz organs. ETK features the best balance of these aesthetics, but Dots was the polarizing point where older fans felt they had put the cut/paste collages to the fore.

Around the same time, there was a similar polarization with the band Tortoise, whose TNT went well beyond the more organic group-play of their first two LPs, relying on the same kind of digital permutations that fans had hoped would be reserved for their 12" remixes. TNT is also a stronger album than it was received at the time, but it arguably doesn't measure up to its predecessors either.
Torgo

Post by Torgo » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:19 pm

I've been revisiting Neil Cicierega's mashup/remix albums Mouth Sounds, Mouth Silence and Mouth Moods. They're still hilarious after all these years. They're all on YouTube.

These are probably my favorite tracks:

Last Great Movie Seen
Jinnistan

Post by Jinnistan » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:35 pm

DaMU

Post by DaMU » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:49 am

Torgo wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:19 pm
I've been revisiting Neil Cicierega's mashup/remix albums Mouth Sounds, Mouth Silence and Mouth Moods. They're still hilarious after all these years. They're all on YouTube.

These are probably my favorite tracks:

Just seeing this now, and heck yes. Neil's fantastic.

This is my favorite. Simple, epic, hilarious, weirdly moving:

NOTE:
The above-written is wholly and solely the perspective of DaMU and should not be taken as an effort to rile, malign, or diminish you, dummo.
OOHydraOO

Hydra Актуальные ссылки на Гидру!

Post by OOHydraOO » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:05 pm

100% абсолютно всех без исключения юзеров, приобретающих работа на Hydra полностью довольны сервисом. Подавляющее большинство online магазинов внутри платформы имеют великолепный рейтинг. Это следовательно, сколько покупателям больно нравится Hydra!

Однако разработчики магазина пришли к данному не зараз же. Был выполнен мудреный согласие процессов через исследования перед старта интернет магазина, а потом и по поддержании веб-сайта. Сколько представляет собой магазин Hydra в данном году:

-много лет отличной работы;
-множество продавцов;
-лучший функционал.

Hydra давно функционирует на реализации не разрешенных изделий в даркнете. И абсолютно постоянно данное эпоха заказчик мог забежать для интернет-сайт и приобрести то, который ему необходимо.

Hydra – превосходнейшая во всем и продавцы им оказывают доверие. Следовать сезон формирования магазина создатели спроектировали плотный список возможностей, который сегодня даёт возможность тебе избирать, покупать, получать продукт скорее, спокойнее и не бояться, который тебя лично бросят.

Почему этот магазин лучший?

Лицезрели интернет-магазины с бедным оформлением, малюсеньким набором и никакой защищенностью? Ты доверяешь подобным маркетами в даркнете? Там тебя сам без проблем могу обхитрить – беспричинно как подобные интернет-магазины имеют интерес только в заработке денежных средств. В случае, если тебя сам это удовлетворяет – не переставайте доставать в тех местах.

Только ныне тебе предоставляют явно небывалый уровень в покупке услуги с помощью онлайна. Будьте убеждены, что после уплаченные денежные имущество ты приобретешь конкретно тот товар превосходнейшего свойства, какой ты избрал. Просто-напросто попытайся оформить поручение на Hydra нераздельно раз. Разработчики гарантируют – вы не вернетесь к другим местам для покупки.

Наподобие вы знаете, имеется ворох прочих online магазинов, каким накануне лампочки для потребителей, они желают только только вмещать заработок.
Создатели этого магазина, именно благодаря популярности и прочности Гидры, завлекают свежих потребителей для эту платформу, чтобы того, чтобы освободить онлайн от подобных уродливых веб-сайтов. Это необходимо чтобы того, для вы и весь твои приятели имели возможность приобрести изделие, какой им необходим и не беспокоиться, что их бросят.
Список обновляемых зеркал Гидры и ссылка для гидру

Итак актуальные ссылки на Гидру:
зеркало Гидры
Slentert

Post by Slentert » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:28 pm

I don't know where else to post this, so I'll just do it here.

A friend of mine co-produced this doc a couple of years ago about the Belgian New Beat movement called The Sound of Belgium. You can now watch it online for free, until the fifth of April at least. I recommend it.

Torgo

Post by Torgo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:20 pm

Cool, as a Front 242 and dEUS fan, I should watch that. I hope they're featured.
Last Great Movie Seen
DaMU

Post by DaMU » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:44 am

Depeche Mode - Ultra

Listened to this ages ago and thought I didn't like it, but no, that was Exciter (probably my least favorite from the Mode that I've heard), but Ultra's got some tracks that still slap. "The Bottom Line" and "Barrel of a Gun" and "Home" and "It's No Good" especially.

That funky bassline at the start! Gah!
NOTE:
The above-written is wholly and solely the perspective of DaMU and should not be taken as an effort to rile, malign, or diminish you, dummo.