YTMN Presents a Remake Rematch Thread

Discuss anything you want.
Hank

Re: YTMN Presents a Remake Rematch Thread

Post by Hank » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:03 am

I enjoyed the original Pelham quite a bit. I'd be tempted to say that it is one of my favorites, but it's been a little while since I saw it. I wish I owned it, actually. I've almost watched Scott's about a half a dozen times... mainly due to his overwhelming support on this forum. You'd give me an extra little nudge to see it. Actually, just talking about it right now might give me that motivation. Heck, now I'm starting to think I'll just go ahead and watch all the films that I suggested. :P
dreiser

Post by dreiser » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:26 am

Don't know if you're still taking suggestions, Gort:

A Star Is Born:
(Wellman, 1937)
(Cukor, 1954)
(Pierson, 1976)

Breathless:
(Godard, 1960)
(McBride, 1983)

The Champ:
(Vidor, 1931)
(Zeffirelli, 1979)

Ben-Hur:
(Niblo, 1925)
(Wyler, 1959)
"I hate the dark, the sharks liars. And the stems of cherry..."

Like Someone in Love (Kiarostami, 2012) 4/10
Killing Them Softly (Dominik, 2012) 2/10
The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm (Pal/Levin, 1962) 6/10
The Dark Past (Mate', 1948) 7/10
New Rose Hotel (Ferrara, 1998) 3/10
Hank

Post by Hank » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:37 am

Well he should be. I can't be trusted to be the only voice of ideas.

I've only seen the Ben-Hurs from your suggestions.
dreiser

Post by dreiser » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:47 am

Hank wrote:I've only seen the Ben-Hurs from your suggestions.
Hmm... surprises me a bit that you haven't seen the Godard.

YouTookMyName

Post by YouTookMyName » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:20 am

dreiser wrote:Don't know if you're still taking suggestions, Gort:

A Star Is Born:
(Wellman, 1937)
(Cukor, 1954)
(Pierson, 1976)

Breathless:
(Godard, 1960)
(McBride, 1983)

The Champ:
(Vidor, 1931)
(Zeffirelli, 1979)

Ben-Hur:
(Niblo, 1925)
(Wyler, 1959)
Yes, I'll be taking suggestions right on through the day I complete the Rematch for The Maltese Falcon.

These suggested Rematches would be interesting because they are mostly films that I haven't seen. Of course, I've seen clips from the three versions of A Star is Born, and from the 1979 version of The Champ. And I've seen Wyler's Ben-Hur. I think I also read the novel when I was in 6th grade. I've seen neither version of Breathless.

Some of these also have the interesting factor of being about films that I never intended to see. As I learned with 3:10 to Yuma, I might find new favorites if I can get over my prejudices.

Time for you to drag out the DVDs and watch all three films based on The Maltese Falcon so you can help me out with erudite comments. :D I'll be watching all three again to write the rest of the essays, because it's been nearly a year since I saw them last, and I've forgotten a lot of fine points that I wanted to mention.
Gort/YTMN left the forum due to trolling on August 25, 2018.
I had fun. Thanks for reading!

"The wealthy and powerful always remind us that cream rises to the top.
What they fail to acknowledge is that pond scum also rises to the top.
And there is a lot more pond scum in the world than there is cream.
If you become rich and powerful, I hope that you will be cream rather than pond scum." --YTMN

Rematch Resurrection Catalog for Rounds 1-4 New post 180721 -- YTMN's Remake Rematch Thread.
Thread Resurrected 21 Jul 2018. Thread abandoned 1 Aug 2017. Thread COMPLETE 25 May 14 (2d time!)

The Future Unreels
Colonel Kurz

Post by Colonel Kurz » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:24 am

Each of the four versions of Invasion of the Body Snatchers is instructive on what caused paranoia at the time it was made.
YouTookMyName

Post by YouTookMyName » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:29 am

Colonel Kurz wrote:Each of the four versions of Invasion of the Body Snatchers is instructive on what caused paranoia at the time it was made.
I knew of three. Wow, there are four!? I'll have to look these up.

I think I'd only be able to work on one Rematch at a time if it had four films!

If you become rich and powerful, I hope that you will be cream rather than pond scum." --YTMN

Rematch Resurrection Catalog for Rounds 1-4 New post 180721 -- YTMN's Remake Rematch Thread.
Thread Resurrected 21 Jul 2018. Thread abandoned 1 Aug 2017. Thread COMPLETE 25 May 14 (2d time!)

The Future Unreels
Colonel Kurz

Post by Colonel Kurz » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:31 am

YouTookMyName wrote: I knew of three. Wow, there are four!? I'll have to look these up.

I think I'd only be able to work on one Rematch at a time if it had four films!
Well, there's the 1956 one, the 1978, the 1990 one and the 2007 one that was renamed just Invasion before release.
dreiser

Post by dreiser » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:44 am

YouTookMyName wrote:Some of these also have the interesting factor of being about films that I never intended to see.
Heh.
YouTookMyName wrote: Time for you to drag out the DVDs and watch all three films based on The Maltese Falcon so you can help me out with erudite comments. :D
A tall order. Maybe if I space them out here and there it won't be such a painful exercise.

YouTookMyName

Post by YouTookMyName » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:53 am

Colonel Kurz wrote: Well, there's the 1956 one, the 1978, the 1990 one and the 2007 one that was renamed just Invasion before release.
Okay. I found these:
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
Body Snatchers: the invasion continues (1993) which sounds like a sequel, so it may not be one of those you are thinking of. Then again, the Wikipedia article calls it the third film made form the original novel.
The Invasion (2007)

I was aware of 56, 78 and 07. Hadn't ever heard of the 1993 film. Is this the one you attributed to 1990? European release dates may be different, so I thought I'd look these up and be sure I've bookmarked the ones you had in mind.

The Future Unreels
Hank

Post by Hank » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:22 pm

dreiser wrote:
Hmm... surprises me a bit that you haven't seen the Godard.
Godard is a bit embarrassing for me... I've only seen Alphaville :oops: It is something that I really should fix.
Colonel Kurz

Post by Colonel Kurz » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:49 pm

YouTookMyName wrote: Okay. I found these:
Body Snatchers: the invasion continues (1993) which sounds like a sequel, so it may not be one of those you are thinking of. Then again, the Wikipedia article calls it the third film made form the original novel.
The Invasion (2007)

I was aware of 56, 78 and 07. Hadn't ever heard of the 1993 film. Is this the one you attributed to 1990? European release dates may be different, so I thought I'd look these up and be sure I've bookmarked the ones you had in mind.
My bad, I had a 1990 version by Tom Savini in mind but that turns out to be a remake of Night of the Living Dead... But yeah, Body Snatchers is the one I was supposed to be thinking of.
YouTookMyName

Post by YouTookMyName » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:55 pm

Colonel Kurz wrote: My bad, I had a 1990 version by Tom Savini in mind but that turns out to be a remake of Night of the Living Dead... But yeah, Body Snatchers is the one I was supposed to be thinking of.
Good, then. I've looked up sources for everything everyone has suggested to help me decide which ones are more practical; then I'll decide which ones are most interesting and select a couple after all the Noms are in.

Of course, the Nominations are still open, so if you or anyone else has more ideas, please post them. :D

The Future Unreels
YouTookMyName

Post by YouTookMyName » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:59 pm

YouTookMyName wrote: Time for you to drag out the DVDs and watch all three films based on The Maltese Falcon so you can help me out with erudite comments. :D
dreiser wrote:A tall order. Maybe if I space them out here and there it won't be such a painful exercise.
Negative comments about the films would be just as welcome. And remember, in this case you get to finish with the best one!

Also, I'm telling you truly, watching all three back-to-back would be an excellent miniature course in film adaptation. Of course, they would mean the most if you read or re-skimmed the novel, then watched the films in release order. That's my plan before proceeding with the Rematch posting. Naturally, your plan is entirely up to you! :)

Either Friday or Saturday morning I have to take a 22-year old car to get the A/C blower worked on. I'll re-skim the novel while I'm there. Then on Saturday I'll watch all 3 films BTB.

The Future Unreels
dreiser

Post by dreiser » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:49 am

Hank wrote: Godard is a bit embarrassing for me... I've only seen Alphaville :oops: It is something that I really should fix.
I love My Life to Live and don't care for anything else he's done.

YouTookMyName

Post by YouTookMyName » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:23 pm

Wow, I just had to go back and edit my Wilmer Cook essay because I had totally mis-remembered that Kenneth in Satan Met a Lady has no lines. He has more than Dwight Frye as Wilmer Cook has in the 1931 film!

That's why I'm re-watching before going ahead with the rest of the essays. Editing posted files is a lot of work. :D

The Future Unreels
YouTookMyName

Post by YouTookMyName » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:54 pm

A Comparison of The Maltese Falcon (1931), Satan Met a Lady (1936) & The Maltese Falcon (1941)

Image The Writers

The 1931 version had two screenwriters, Maude Fulton and Brown Holmes. This was the first produced screenplay for Holmes, who later wrote I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang, and Moon Over Miami. Because the style of early sound films was more deliberately paced, this film (only 4 years into the commercial sound film era) represents a very well-done talking picture. The editing seems to hang on shots too long in some places, but that was the style back in the day. Some of it must have had to do with editing sound tracks. It was nearly impossible to layer sound until the later 1930s, so sometimes a shot would hold not only for the picture detail, but to permit the technical switching of soundtracks from shot to shot.

Fulton had 8 silent screenplay credits before 1930 when she wrote dialogue for Once a Gentlemen. The adaptation of The Maltese Falcon was Maude Fulton's sixth sound-film screenplay. In 1931 viewers still had their habits from years of watching silent films, so shots that had no dialogue, but depended upon actors' facial expressions and stage business to carry the idea were still frequent. To modern eyes this seems too slowly paced. It is as if nothing is happening. There is no music, little ambient sound, and...well, no one is talking, so nothing seems to be happening.

The 1936 version had only one screenwriter, but he had experience adapting Dashiell Hammett to the screen: Brown Holmes was one of the two writers for the original, 1931 screenplay! In only five years the scripting style had changed from deliberate and metered so that everyone could follow the dialogue, to rapid-fire dialogue with a comic pacing to the editing. Audiences had become sophisticated enough to follow the spoken word and subtle on-screen business at the same time. The probability is that audiences were always capable of doing this, but the filmmakers thought they were not. Holmes was able to write this kind of script in 1936. Gone are the moments when there is only the silent cinema that I mentioned above. The writers of 1936 had to keep the pace lively.

The 1941 version is an example of what happens when a writer-director hits all the right marks. John Huston retained more scenes from the source novel than either of the other two films did. In fact, in my opinion he kept too much of the ending scene; although it plays well, it doesn't have the same rapid deployment that the film has before O'Shaunessy and Spade return to his apartment to find the other three already waiting. But the scene takes up 45 of the novel's 216 pages. It's the only "flaw" I can find in Huston's script. Over the course of his career, Huston acted in 55 films, wrote 40 titles and directed 48. This film started him as a director. The Maltese Falcon was the 15th time Huston had touched up or written a screenplay. His experience shows in this one.

Although The Maltese Falcon was his first directorial assignment, he directed many famous movies during his career. He was known as a rebel, someone who did not always do things the recognized way. One example of this is the 1963 thriller The List of Adrian Messenger, where he kept many of the starring cast members behind makeup that obscured their identities until the closing titles, when each actor ceremoniously removed the latex mask to reveal who he was. Kirk Douglas had four separate roles in the film!

In his script for The Maltese Falcon Huston imbues the characters with all the characterization that Hammett bothers with in his novel. And this gives the actors enough to go on to flesh out every single role. I think it was Huston's trust in his actors' instincts that makes the overall product so wonderful. He gave them a well-formed body onto which they could hang remarkable garments.
Go back using these buttons.ImageImageImageImageImage

The Future Unreels
YouTookMyName

Post by YouTookMyName » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:19 pm

NominationsImage
So far, these films have been nominated, and aggregated to this post:
Hank wrote: Solaris Tarkovsky, 1972/
Solaris Soderbergh, 2002

Rear Window Hitchcock,1954/
Disturbia Caruso, 2007

Yojimbo Kurosawa, 1961/
Fistful of Dollars Leone, 1964/
Last Man Standing Hill, 1996

The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 Sargent, 1974/
The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 Scott, 2009
dreiser wrote: A Star Is Born:
(Wellman, 1937)
(Cukor, 1954)
(Pierson, 1976)

Breathless:
(Godard, 1960)
(McBride, 1983)

The Champ:
(Vidor, 1931)
(Zeffirelli, 1979)

Ben-Hur:
(Niblo, 1925)
(Wyler, 1959)

Purple Noon (Clement, 1960)
The Talented Mr. Ripley (Minghella, 1999)

Open Your Eyes (Amenabar, 1997)
Vanilla Sky (Crowe, 2001)

Criss Cross (Siodmak, 1949)
The Underneath (Soderbergh, 1995)

Point Blank (Boorman, 1967)
Payback (Helgeland, 1999)

Scarface
(Hawks, 1932)
(De Palma, 1983)

The Glass Key (Heisler, 1942)
Miller's Crossing (Coen Bros., 1990) [There is a 1935 adaptation of The Glass Key that is apparently unavailable on video.[/i]

The Thomas Crown Affair
(Jewison, 1968)
(McTiernan, 1999)

Funny Games
(Haneke, 1997)
(Haneke, 2008)

Assault on Precinct 13
(Carpenter, 1976)
(Richet, 2005)

My Bloody Valentine
(Mihalka, 1981)
(Lussier, 2009)

The Jazz Singer
(Crosland, 1927)
(Curtiz, 1952)
(Fleischer, 1980)

Cat People
(Tourneur, 1942)
(Schrader, 1982) -- of course this entry used to be The Fly :D

Le Femme Nikita (Besson, 1990)
Point of No Return (Badham, 1993)

Rollerball
(Jewison, 1975)
(McTiernan, 2002)

Suspicion
(Hitchcock, 1941)
(Grieve, 1987)

Spoorloos (Sluizer, 1988)
The Vanishing (Sluizer, 1993) This guy pulled a Haneke. Or did Haneke pull a Sluizer?
Colonel Kurz wrote:Each of the four versions of Invasion of the Body Snatchers is instructive on what caused paranoia at the time it was made.
Body Snatchers: the Invasion Continues (1993)
The Invasion (2007)
Ace wrote:Let the Right One In
Let Me In

True Grit and
True Grit :P

The Thing from Another World
The Thing and
The Thing

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
Guess Who
Quite-Gone Genie wrote:How about The Big Clock (1948) and
No Way Out (1987)
ribbon wrote:The Fly |Neumann, 1958|
The Fly |Cronenberg, 1986|

Death Race 2000 |Bartel, 1975|
Death Race |Anderson, 2008|

Predator |McTiernan, 1987|
Predators |Rodriguez, 2010| (NOTE: Ribbon, the IMDb site says that this is a sequel, not a remake.)

The Man Who Knew Too Much |Hitchcock, 1936|
The Man Who Knew Too Much |Hitchcock, 1956|

The Philadelphia Story |Cukor, 1940|
High Society |Walters, 1956|

The Blob |Yeaworth, 1958|
The Blob |Russel, 1988|

The Secret Garden |Wilcox, 1949| (TCM says this is not available on video. :( And, sure enough, I can't find a DVD anywhere. I remember I taped it from TCM at one time, so I'll have to check Flix and the library to see if it has been released previously on DVD.)
The Secret Garden |Holland, 1993|

Lolita!
Shieldmaiden wrote:World on a Wire, Fassbinder 1973
The Thirteenth Floor, Rusnak 1999
Gort wrote:I guess it's fair to put my own nominations in here!

King Kong 1933
King Kong 1976
King Kong 2005

Peter Pan 1924
Peter Pan 1953
Peter Pan 2003
yours truly wrote:The Wizard of Oz 1925
The Wizard of Oz 1939
EDIT: The Wiz 1978

Godzilla (1954)
Godzilla King of the Monsters (1956)
Godzilla (1998)
Colonel Kurz wrote:The Gojira/Godzilla could be interesting because of all the cultural differences.
Thank you for the interesting-looking nominations, most of which I'd never have thought of on my own! I've begun collecting internet bookmarks for each title and researching the possible sets of films to see which are most interesting, and which are most practical to accomplish.

The Future Unreels
Ace

Post by Ace » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:20 am

Let the Right one in/Let Me In?
Co host of the Film Raiders Podcast.
Were on Spotify, Itunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, TuneIn, Blubrr,Iheartradio and many more.
YouTookMyName

Post by YouTookMyName » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:31 am

Ace wrote:Let the Right one in/Let Me In?
Ah, yes, that would be a good match! I've seen them both. Ideas come to mind easily about that.

Thankee, sir.

The Future Unreels
dreiser

Post by dreiser » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:39 am

More suggestions:

YouTookMyName

Post by YouTookMyName » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:11 am

dreiser wrote:More suggestions:

I've seen the Minghella and the Crowe. The rest would be new to me. Thanks. I didn't even know John Boorman was making movies in 1967!

The Future Unreels
Ace

Post by Ace » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:21 am

True Grit and True Grit? :P
Were on Spotify, Itunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, TuneIn, Blubrr,Iheartradio and many more.
dreiser

Post by dreiser » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:25 am

YouTookMyName wrote: I've seen the Minghella and the Crowe. The rest would be new to me. Thanks. I didn't even know John Boorman was making movies in 1967!
Only his second film. He's a fave of mine.

I'll post more as I think of them.

dreiser

Post by dreiser » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:40 am

Scarface
(Hawks, 1932)
(De Palma, 1983)

The Glass Key (Heisler, 1942)
Miller's Crossing (Coen Bros., 1990)

The Thomas Crown Affair
(Jewison, 1968)
(McTiernan, 1999)

Funny Games
(Haneke, 1997)
(Haneke, 2008)

Quite-Gone Genie

Post by Quite-Gone Genie » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:42 am

How about The Big Clock (1948) and No Way Out (1987)?
"So, you see, he was condemned to walk in darkness a quadrillion kilometres (we've adopted the metric system, you know)..."
The Devil, The Brothers Karamazov
ribbon

Post by ribbon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:52 am

The Fly |Neumann, 1958|
The Fly |Cronenberg, 1986|

Death Race 2000 |Bartel, 1975|
Death Race |Anderson, 2008|

Predator |McTiernan, 1987|
Predators |Rodriguez, 2010|

The Man Who Knew Too Much |Hitchcock, 1936|
The Man Who Knew Too Much |Hitchcock, 1956|
ribbon

Post by ribbon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:57 am

The Philadelphia Story |Cukor, 1940|
High Society |Walters, 1956|

The Blob |people, 1958|
The Blob |Russel, 1988|

The Secret Garden |Wilcox, 1949|
The Secret Garden |Holland, 1993|
YouTookMyName

Post by YouTookMyName » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:03 am

Wow! What a response. It will take me a while to process all these! Thanks a bunch, ladies and gents.

Since this process eliminates having to think of pairs, it will come down to the difficult business of deciding which ones to work on.

The Future Unreels
Shieldmaiden

Post by Shieldmaiden » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:05 am

World on a Wire, Fassbinder 1973

(Although I've never seen the second one.)

Also I strongly second Solaris/Solaris and Philadelphia Story/High Society!
Cabin in the Sky-An Autumn Afternoon-Us-Women in New York

Voyage | MACBETH | Sokurov | Fassbinder | Greenaway | Sono | My Bookshelf
Ace

Post by Ace » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:09 am

But Predators isn't a remake. I thought it was a sequel?
ribbon

Post by ribbon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:10 am

Ace wrote:But Predators isn't a remake. I thought it was a sequel?
Not that I was aware of. If anything, I thought it was a retelling... which kinda sorta counts.
Quite-Gone Genie

Post by Quite-Gone Genie » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:12 am

Ace wrote:But Predators isn't a remake. I thought it was a sequel?
It's a requel.
"So, you see, he was condemned to walk in darkness a quadrillion kilometres (we've adopted the metric system, you know)..."
The Devil, The Brothers Karamazov
dreiser

Post by dreiser » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:13 am

Assault on Precinct 13
(Carpenter, 1976)
(Richet, 2005)

My Bloody Valentine
(Mihalka, 1981)
(Lussier, 2009)

The Jazz Singer
(Crosland, 1927)
(Curtiz, 1952)
(Fleischer, 1980)

Cat People
(Tourneur, 1942)
(Schrader, 1982)

ribbon

Post by ribbon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:15 am

OH THE FLY, DREISER?
dreiser

Post by dreiser » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:18 am

ribbon wrote:OH THE FLY, DREISER?
I'M A THIEF.
I'll replace it. :shifty:

ribbon

Post by ribbon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:19 am

dreiser wrote:
I'M A THIEF.
I'll replace it. :shifty:
I'm teasing. Leave it. Maybe Gort will get to it faster :D
dreiser

Post by dreiser » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:24 am

ribbon wrote: I'm teasing. Leave it. Maybe Gort will get to it faster :D
For the record, Gort, that's two de facto votes for The Fly. ;)
Edited to Cat People, tho.

ribbon

Post by ribbon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:27 am

Ooh, I would like to see that remake as well.

Also, speaking of remakes I want to see, Lolita!
YouTookMyName

Post by YouTookMyName » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:27 am

dreiser wrote:
For the record, Gort, that's two de facto votes for The Fly. ;)
Edited to Cat People, tho.
Noted. :D

This is actually one that I had on my short list last year when I restarted this thing. So...uhm...it may have some legs. Six of them, perhaps? :shifty:

The Future Unreels
dreiser

Post by dreiser » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:34 am

ribbon wrote:Ooh, I would like to see that remake as well.
The theme song is my favorite Bowie. Just about started turning cartwheels when Tarantino put it in Inglourious Basterds.

YouTookMyName

Post by YouTookMyName » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:39 am

Shieldmaiden wrote:World on a Wire, Fassbinder 1973

(Although I've never seen the second one.)

Also I strongly second Solaris/Solaris and Philadelphia Story/High Society!
I watched a DVD of The Thirteenth Floor in 1999. I had no idea that it was a remake. And I really love Philadelphia Story.

The Future Unreels
YouTookMyName

Post by YouTookMyName » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:47 am

ribbon wrote: The Blob |people, 1958|
The Blob |Russel, 1988|
JSYK, I already own both DVDs. ;)

The Future Unreels
ribbon

Post by ribbon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:49 am

YouTookMyName wrote: JSYK, I already own both DVDs. ;)
:), the '88 one is especially fun!
Ace

Post by Ace » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:52 am

The Thing, The Thing and The Thing
ribbon

Post by ribbon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:53 am

except the first is called The Thing From Another World.
Ace

Post by Ace » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:54 am

ribbon wrote:except the first is called The Thing From Another World.
but we can call it The Thing for short.
dreiser

Post by dreiser » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:54 am

2011 is a prequel.

Ace

Post by Ace » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:56 am

dreiser wrote:2011 is a prequel.
It's a Preboot.
Shieldmaiden

Post by Shieldmaiden » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:22 am

YouTookMyName wrote:I watched a DVD of The Thirteenth Floor in 1999. I had no idea that it was a remake.
Well, maybe it's not. They're both based on the same book. I thought that counted? How was it, anyway?
Cabin in the Sky-An Autumn Afternoon-Us-Women in New York

Voyage | MACBETH | Sokurov | Fassbinder | Greenaway | Sono | My Bookshelf